Skip to main content

What Is On Your Mind?

With the arrival of baby number 3 growing nearer and nearer I find myself being more reflective. I am not sure why, but that is where I have been.

I am feeling better. I can tell that my thyroid was not up to par and the increased medication has been making a bit difference. My mood has lightened and as I told Mark the other night, I am looking forward to meeting out new little one. I know it will be a lot of work, but babies are so sweet and cuddly. And they have that smell that only new babies have. Just a little over five more weeks and we will get to meet our newest family member.

This week was The Summit conference at our church. Due it being hugely pregnant and not up to dragging two kids with me, I only made it to one night. Which was okay.

I was reading our Pastor's blog today and in his last entry something he wrote really hit me. After telling a story he summarized by saying this:

"The point was simple, yet profound. We will never have enough money to totally eradicate poverty, but we can give to other human beings the gift of respect and dignity in the name of Jesus."

I am taking this with me today. Sometimes the state of the world seems to be too much and you feel as if you are not doing one thing to change any of it. Or that what you are doing is not enough.

Not matter what, we can always give people respect and dignity though. And while it does not cost a thing to do so, it is priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......