Skip to main content

The Princess Turns Eight

My baby girl is eight years old today. It was eight years ago that I lay in the hospital bed awaiting the first time I would get to hold my first born child. Miss Emmaline was officially born at 8:58 p.m. As I told her today, that was the moment and she was the one that made me a mommy. Precious baby girl, happy birthday.

Today, as is the usual, we made our annual voyage to Build A Bear. This marks our sixth trip. Would you take a moment and look back over the last couple of trips with me? I tried to get similar photos, as in all these were taken at the fill the bear station. This way you can see how much she has grown.

2005, Emma's fifth birthday (oh my.....she looks so incredibly tiny here)
2005

2006, Emma's sixth birthday (no idea who the random kid is)
2006

2007, Emma's seventh birthday (I will admit, I miss the long hair)
2007

2008, Emma's eight birthday (where did the little girl go????)
2008

2008

Yes she is carrying a wristlet purse. And yes it seems in a lot of the pictures she has that one leg popped out. Maybe she is striking a pose? No idea. But as you can see, she has grown up a lot. Not just size wise (her feet grew something like two sizes in the course of the year) but in who she is. I have a feeling tweenville is right around the corner. Wish us luck.

We had a good day out. Nice weather and shopping and playing and lunch. If you had asked me eight years ago I am not sure what I would have envisioned. I am not sure this would have been it. I love it though. Every single moment I have had with my Emmaline. She drives me crazy and we butt heads usually 342 times a day. Just as the song says though (the one she was named after, thanks Ben Folds!) don't let me walk away from Emmaline....

Happy birthday my love. Thank you again for making me mom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG!!! Know what I looove?? This is such a Kiki thing too...in two of the pics she is wearing something that I gave her! YEA!! Soon I will be giving her gift cards because I won't get it right (I know this I am the Mom of a 13 &15 year old) but for now - it rocks! Thank you Emma for making me 'the Kiki'. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!Love you
Abby said…
The pink hoodie outfit and the shirt from today. The shirt in her 2007 picture could be from you, I do not know what shirt it is. Did you get the Hello Kitty flip flops?

A lot of the stuff she wears comes from you.....you buy a lot of her stuff. LOL.

But seriously, the best thing? Is the attitude in her pictures, the leg pop.....

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

Shameless Confession

I love to read. I have since I was little. I also have a bad habit of getting completely engrossed in what I am reading. Getting so wrapped up that I can not put the book down until I know what happens. I am still this way. I have no self control when it comes to reading. That is not the shameless part. What is shameless is what I like to read. Chick lit. There I said. I like to read the mindless dribble that is chick lit. Not romance novels. Just your run of the mill chick lit. Over the past couple of weeks I have reignited my love of reading. And I gave into the chick lit. What is it about this genre that does me in? I have found that I enjoy the books that involve being a mom as well. Which makes sense. It is relateable on that level in some way. I can not quite put my finger on the draw. The last three books I have read, I have been able to identify with the main characters in some way. Seeing as to how they were all moms. I also seem to like (this is even more