Skip to main content

You Know Me

I get an idea in my head and well.....

I have been thinking of Xan's first birthday party for some time. Knowing I would be making the cake and sugar cookies and trying to come up with a theme. At a year old, it is not like he is into anything. (We will not discuss what my big kids have come up with for their birthdays.) After looking, most of the First Year birthday stuff......is not to my liking.

Then for Mother's Day my in-laws got me this awesome cupcake cake pan. Then the idea hit me: Xander's first birthday would be done in blues, brown and white, with polka dots and cupcakes. Awesome plan.

Only.....do you know how hard it is to locate paper goods that fit the theme you made up in your head? Not only that but since I was stuck on that exact thing, I could not find anything that came close to the picture in my head. Sigh.

I had to make the invitations myself. Complete with cutting out little cupcakes, in different paper, stamping and writing the details, and including a picture of Xander as well.

I have now been able to find blue and brown plates as well as some polka dotted ones in the same colors as well. I will make his cupcake cake and the paper liner on the cake with have the polka dots on it. Xan's cake will be a number one. And of course, we will have cookies. The only decoration I think we will have is on the dessert table. A photo collage of Xander's first year. Printed in sepia of course.

I can not believe my baby is almost one year old. Here are the few pictures I took to use in his invite. It was hard to pick one, but we did.

DSCF2124

DSCF2123

DSCF2122

DSCF2125

DSCF2121

The last one is the one that went in the invites. He is lovely....

Comments

Anonymous said…
He is absolutely adorable!! Gorgeous...and such a sweetie. One happy little man. -sigh- The last year has gone too fast...
And girl you have got to remember E-Bay. Especially when you are looking for something specific. ; ) Love you guys - Kiki
Judy said…
*sigh*

We had company over on Saturday, and I have *still* not managed to pick up all the toys and get them put away. I have 3 loads of clean laundry sitting in baskets, a full sink of dishes, and a long to-do list. I feel like I'm barely getting through the days lately and getting the basics accomplished with my two boys, and you there, with your 3, homeschooling, breastfeeding, and managing to *hand-make* invitations, as well as hand-make those gorgeous cookies of yours!!!!!!!

How do you do it? Is there a drug I can buy? Do they market an Abby pill?

LOL! He is precious, and a year already. Wow! Can't wait to see party pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......