Skip to main content

Do You See What I See?

I have never really been a daddy's girl. I know there is a difference in the father's relationship with his daughter. Growing up I was mama's girl. My sister was older than me by five years and got married young. She moved far away, so by the age of 14 I was basically an only child. My mom and I spent a lot of time together. Our relationship was always closer than most, I imagine. But even though I was mama's girl, I knew there was something special and different about my daddy and me.

Today, my kids and I called Papa, told him to get ready, we would be on our way soon. We were going to get him and take him with us to Bass Pro. Why? Why not.

Daddy is an outdoor man. He knows his stuff. We had not been to the Bass Pro here yet and it seemed like a nice and fun thing to do. Little did I know....

As I watched my own father take each of my kids by the hand, or pick up my youngest child from his stroller, something came over me. This overwhelming feeling. That I was watching something happen that a lot of people may not witness. I was seeing a pure and true love between the four of them. It hit me: there is nothing like the love of your daddy. And I am not entirely sure that my daddy still does not know everything, have all the answers, or know how to fix everything.

Do you see what I see?

DSCF2854

DSCF2870

DSCF2867

DSCF2869

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohhh...I already told you like 3 times today but what an awesome way to spend the day. It is a tremendous sight isn't it? True, pure love and admiration... Love you - Kiki
Judy said…
Oh, those are great pictures, and you just totally made me cry. I've been missing my own Dad so much lately. You are so lucky to still have yours, and for your kids to get to know their Grandpa.

There is nothing like a Daddy's love. oh, how I wish my Dad could know his little grandsons, and vice versa.
Anonymous said…
Oh, Bass Pro is so fun for the kids. Great idea to take your Dad there - speaking his love language! I need to head that way...Jess has some things on his Christmas list. :-)
-Rach
Abby said…
It was medicine for the soul I tell you, medicine for the soul.

Papa does not know it yet, but we are going to be dragging him more places.

And I will always be there, sneaking photos. (-;

Sorry, Judy for making you cry! I teared up AT Bass Pro many times. You are so right though....it was a great reminder of how truly blessed we are.

True blessings do not come in the form of material possessions. Sometimes what we are truly blessed by is right in front of our eyes. But we are too wrapped up in ourselves to see it.....

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......