Skip to main content

I Am Growing A Life....Cut Me Some Slack

Still here. Five weeks to go. Growing a life is hard work. Or maybe I am a whiner.

So, instead of writing a ton of nonsense, because honestly at this point I think that is what it would be (sleep is not my friend right now.) I will post some pictures of what has been going on here at our house.

First, here is the most current pregnancy shot. I look...beat down. I am aware. This is 33 weeks.

I have also kept myself busy (!) with knitting. Here are the the finished projects. Small knit pants for the baby. The top pair are knit in a yarn called O is for Owl. The bottom pair are knit with yarn inspired by the book Guess How Much I Love You.

Here are the one pair I have finished for Xander. I have another pair on the needles, hoping to finish them up this week. This pair in knit with yarn inspired by the book Goodnight Moon. Which happens to be Xander's favorite book right now.



Here is Xander wearing them. Turns out I need to knit pants for him the next size up. Boy has some thighs....
We have the babies room arranged and ready for a new little one to join his/her big brother. A new infant car seat arrived a couple weeks ago and a new stroller arrived last week. I have all the newborn diapers, but I need to wash them all still. We got new glass bottles for bebe as well as the rubber things to put on said bottles to help keep them from breaking should they get thrown.

We need to dig out all the other baby gear and clothes that have been stored in the attic. Sort it out and get it all cleaned up.

We have arrangements made for all three big kids while we are in the hospital. It is almost go time.

Emma has been signed up for horseback riding lessons. She will first take a Basic Horsemanship class, learning the basics of horse care and handling. Then she will be able to take beginning riding lessons before they close for the winter. She seems to be looking forward to the adventure.

Davis is playing soccer. After season is over (mid October) we will look for music and art classes for him. He is artistically inclined and that is how he best expresses himself. We finally bought him a keyboard (it was supposed to be his birthday gift.....we are slow) and he has been playing to some every day.

Xander is getting big. He talks all the time, though not in a language we understand. He loves numbers and books. He likes to be read Goodnight Moon about 400 times a day. He also enjoys taking a bath and brushing his teeth. And he likes babies. Or dolls. As is evidenced by the pictures his big sister took....we will see how he feels about a real baby.


I think that covers it for around here.....for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......