Skip to main content

Creating

My kids loves to create things. I love to direct them and make it mine. I have had to learn to step back and let them be. Luckily by the time you have four kids, you can not take over all their creating anyway.

Yesterday we ran errands to gather some items we needed to finish costumes. Over time all our Halloween/Fall decorations have been lost and/or damaged. Add in that over the last four years I have either been pregnant or had a young child on Halloween and the fact that I am not a fan of the holiday......it was not something that had been a priority.

As we were out and about at crafting stores, we gathered some items to make some new decor. I have found that I enjoy having things the kids make and that come out seasonally. As it brings back memories. I know one day, these are the things I will cherish most.

Today dawned a cool, dreary day. So we sat to craft. Here are the fruits of our labor.


Spider hands: Emmaline on the left, Elodie on the right.



More spider hands, the boys. Xander on the left, Davis on the right.



Beware......of kids or spiders???



Painted pumpkins. These are done by each of my kids and are the first ones they did. Left to right we have: Elodie 2010, Emmaline 2003, Davis 2005, and Xander 2010.



The figures the kids wanted to paint. From left to right again: Emma's pumpkins, Davis' cat, Xander's monster, and Elodie's witch that was a collaboration of Emma and Davis.



The crafters!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......