Skip to main content

Why I Hate Lego Bricks

I am going to tell my story of why I hate Lego bricks with pictures. You will only be able to feel me if I tell the story with pictures.

It started out innocent enough. A box of Lego bricks here, a box of Lego bricks there. But when you put all of those boxes together, which to date equals six of all three varieties, it makes a huge mess.

These are only the Duplo variety out here. Four boxes of Duplo blocks.
DSCF0060

As if the mess were not enough, let me assure you I really do possess that many boxes of Lego bricks and they really do come in three different flavors.

First we have the Quatro Lego bricks. HUGE blocks as you can see for the 1-3 age range.
DSCF0066


The next step is the Duplo Lego bricks. For the 2-5 age range. Here is where we are vomiting Lego bricks. We currently possess three large boxes of Lego bricks not to mention about four-five sets. The sets are the ones like to build a castle or to build an airport.
DSCF0067

Lastly we have the regular Lego bricks. Four and up range. Do you see how many that box holds? ONE THOUSAND. Just in that one box. We have another box of this size as well.
DSCF0065

Now, one last thing. You may be thinking, "If she hates Lego bricks so much, why in the world is she living in LegoLand?" One word, Mark. Yes you see my lovely husband handed down his genetic freakiness. The love of the Lego. Just to prove my point, I ventured up into the attic where we have some things stored. There you will find Mark's Lego bricks. Yes vintage Lego bricks.

Not only vintage, but also each set is in a clear plastic Ziploc baggie. All Ziplocs are stored in lidded Rubbermaid containers. Now these Legoe bricks we are not allowed to play with. According to Mark, we do not respect the Lego bricks yet.

If you look closely you will see the tiny Lego pieces and you will see the Ziploc baggies. Notice also that we have THREE of these.
DSCF0061

No we do not respect the Lego bricks. Me least of all. I think if I sold all the Lego bricks we have. I would be able to afford a cruise all by myself. One free of Lego bricks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You forgot to mention that each individual ziploc bag also contains the original instruction booklet for that particular set.
Abby said…
Oh. My. Lord.

That would be because I did not know that. I am not allowed near the Legos. I tried to touch the boxes but they burned my hands...

Then this errie voice said, "Thou doth not respect thy Legos."
karrie said…
My house is similarly overrun with comic books. I'll trade.

karrie
alimum said…
I love Lego

I haven't undulged this love, yet, as far as Julian is concerned (we have a very small amount of the Lego bricks at present-the Duplo ones which I consider to be "not real") and I have not yet ventured into the attic atop of my parents garage to find the Lego of my childhood.
alimum said…
indulged, rather.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

Two Weeks Unitl Eviction

I was thinking today of taking that 37 week picture. And as I thought about it, I thought, "I will wait for a day when I look good." To which I had to laugh. If I did that it would never get taken. I am no longer able to drive. At the request of many family members, Mark being the ring leader, it has been noted that I should no longer drive. I did not discuss this with my doctor and it is not by her orders. However, once you no longer fit into your car, it is probably best to cease driving. To be honest it pisses me off. But, between the largeness of my belly and the shortness of my legs.....it is no longer possible. Simply put, the steering wheel is up as far as it will go and the seat is moved back as far as I can move it and still reach the pedals. The steering wheel now rests ON my belly and my legs are cramping from having to stretch to reach the pedals. Mark is probably right. It is no longer safe. And I hate it when he is right. So we are homebound during