Skip to main content

We Are Family

I have often felt very blessed by the family I have. Both my family that I was born into and the family I married into. I know that what I have surrounding me is rare.

It is the norm around here is go to my sister's house once a week, if possible. She has three older kids with lots of activities so it can be hard. But at the very least, it is once every other week. Not only is this great for our kids, it has been for us as well. I am not sure that I have ever felt as close to my sister as I do right now. She is undoubtedly my best friend.

Not only that, but her kids are.....awesome. They just are. I love them as if they were my own kids. You just have to know these young people. I send them e-mails sometimes and the responses I get.....I read them over and over and wonder how I got so lucky to be their aunt. They are just that phenomenal. No joke. It is beyond words what those kids mean to me. It seriously warms my heart just to see them.

To see my nieces and nephew with my kids? Oh man. It has got to be one of the sweetest things in all the world to witness. They each have such very special and unique to them relationships with one another. It amazes me. The love and care each of them have with one another......wow.

I have to go fetch something out of Xan's mouth. Again. More later.....

Comments

HAPTeach said…
You do have something special! Hold it close :)
Anonymous said…
Thanks...I already cried once today. They are amazing to watch together. We never had that connection with our cousins when we were growning up and I think that is one of the reasons we make sure that our kids do. Sometimes all you have is family... Love you guys - Kiki
Anonymous said…
Awww why thank you my dear. =] And I can only say that you are my favorite aunt ;] hehe. I love you.
Mimi (Davis's girlfriend)...tell him i said hi =] spank you.
Abby said…
Pure awesomeness. That is what it is. Pure awesomeness.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......