Skip to main content

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today I met someone for the very first time. I had no idea how profoundly he would change my life. Nor how he would change Emmaline. Or Davis. Or Mark.

I had no idea what meeting him would mean for my family. What he would symbolize for years to come. I had no idea that my heart would grow even more.

One year ago today, someone laid a tiny little being right up next to my face. And that is when I first laid eyes on Alexander Gabriel. It was a moment in time that I wished would last forever.

You were born a big boy and you continued to grow with each passing day. We celebrated your first Thanksgiving and Christmas when you were only a few weeks old. Too tiny to know what we were doing. But a blessing to all of us none the less.

Winter came and you smiled at us. You began to sit up. You took in the world around you. We watched your big eyes soak up life. You showed us that life was beautiful.

Spring came breezing in. We had your first Easter. You got some teeth and let us know that food was something that you truly enjoyed. Little stinker, you can put away some food!

Summer hit and you began to crawl for us. Soon you were pulling yourself up to stand and before we knew it you were into....everything! And you discovered how much you like to be outside and swing.

With the cool fall weather we celebrated Halloween and began to prepare for your first birthday. (as we also waited with baited breath the election for the next leader of our country.)

Watching you over the last twelve months has been a pleasure and a joy. You have learned so much and grown so much. But more than that is what you have taught all of us.

Xan, you have given us far more than we have given you. You have taught us far more than we have taught you. The gift of your love is amazing. You, my son, are amazing.

To my Alexander, my Tigger, you have blessed us beyond all measure. We are so very grateful for each day we have with you. You bring joy to our lives, our hearts, and our home.

Happy Birthday Xander. Mama loves you.

Xan

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautiful letter to Xander. And he is a doll..or sweetie pea. Kiki loves you so very much Xan. Happy Birthday Sweetie Pea!
Abby said…
My big boy...ate all his grilled cheese, most of his green beans, and most of his ice cream at dinner last ngiht.

At least he enjoyed his brithday dinner!
Jessi said…
Aww, so beautifully written. <3
D said…
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! Looks like he had a wonderful birthday!
D

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......