Skip to main content

Making Changes One Step At A Time

We moved into this house almost four months ago.  The amount of work that it needed (and still needs) was even more than I think we realized.  Luckily the inspection showed no major issues.  We got to work firstly doing demo.  Hundreds of square feet of carpet, which lead to thousands of staples, furniture, drapes, wallpaper, odd cabinets, horribly placed dishwasher, and fabric on walls, to name a few, filled a 30 cubic foot dumpster.  Then began the arduous task of putting it all back together.

So we will start with a fairly simple reno.  The main staircase.  Beautiful, old, and also gross.



So I set about changing that view.  This is after the carpet was up, but before anything else was done.

First, was painting the handrails and spindles.  





You can also catch glimpses of the wall color coming in as well.  One color that goes from entryway, up through the second floor main hallway.  

The next step was painting the treads which I wanted as close to black as possible without being black.



Next was painting the handrails the same as the treads.  To give it more balance.





And the stairs were done!  One last look at the before.....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......