Skip to main content

Stop Staring, It Is Rude

23 weeks. I only have to go to 39 as that is when the doctor said she would schedule the c-section.

Heartburn abounds. My feet are beginning to swell. My vagina still feels bruised. And my belly is starting to get to the point where crossing my legs is a thing of the past. Don't ask me about shaving....the lower half of my legs are still okay but everything else.....could be scary. (Cue Welcome To The Jungle)

However, I have gotten a nice tan, my hair is growing as are my nails. The tan also helps hide the hairiness. So that is double bonus.

Oh and of course I am getting THOSE looks a lot now. If I hold my back and take deep breaths, I can freak people out because they think I am in labor. When people ask when I am due and I say November I get that, "Oh wow" comment now too. Bite me people.

This is what 23 weeks looks like if you are 4'9" tall and expecting child #3.....please stop crying. I am really fine. Just typical pregnancy stuff that a lot of pregnant women get, regardless of anything else. Things are going good so I can not really complain.

23 Weeks

Comments

tripleZmom said…
Being short and pregnant sucks. No matter what, you always look huge. And I'll never understand why people feel like they should be able to judge how big you are versus when you're due. Don't listen to 'em!
karrie said…
I think you look beautiful, Abby.

(And I remember that bruised feeling--it sucks!)
Judy said…
You do look great. The tan looks good on you. You're reminding me why I don't want to be pregnant again for a long time, though. ;)

I never looked that pretty, or got that glow you have, while pregnant. Actually, I remember a friend who I hadn't seen for a few months coming over when I was about 6 months, and she said, "you know that glow you always hear about women getting when they're pregnant? You don't have it." So sweet.

You have it. You're radiant.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

Two Weeks Unitl Eviction

I was thinking today of taking that 37 week picture. And as I thought about it, I thought, "I will wait for a day when I look good." To which I had to laugh. If I did that it would never get taken. I am no longer able to drive. At the request of many family members, Mark being the ring leader, it has been noted that I should no longer drive. I did not discuss this with my doctor and it is not by her orders. However, once you no longer fit into your car, it is probably best to cease driving. To be honest it pisses me off. But, between the largeness of my belly and the shortness of my legs.....it is no longer possible. Simply put, the steering wheel is up as far as it will go and the seat is moved back as far as I can move it and still reach the pedals. The steering wheel now rests ON my belly and my legs are cramping from having to stretch to reach the pedals. Mark is probably right. It is no longer safe. And I hate it when he is right. So we are homebound during