Skip to main content

A Day In Our House...

Davis has the flu. As in the actual ,real, we swabbed your boogers and it came back positive flu. He is on Tamiflu. Hopefully he does not vomit it up. Poor little guy has been miserable the last day. Not eating and only lying on the couch, wrapped in a blanket with a cold washcloth on his head. I think he smells too. Between being super hot, wet washcloth head and no bath since Saturday, the boy is ripe. Ah well. I let him rest and will wash him when he feels up to it.

The reason he even got looked at is because Xander had his well baby check today too. That boy is almost off the charts in length. *I* have a child that sits in the 97% for his height. No wonder the infant car seat seemed too small for him. He is weighing in at 13 pounds 4 ounces. So he is actually tall and skinny. Must get it from his dad. That poor little guy has had to be moved to his big boy car seat. Which means he has to get a blanket thrown over him as we go to and from places. Poor kid is freezing. Not to mention that he is wearing mittens and a hat, neither of which he is fan of. This also means that at the store we are SOL. I swear that no place has carts with infant seats anymore. Where they recalled or something? I can not find one of those carts for the life of me. And of course, Xander can not sit up yet. I am not sure what one is supposed to do. Needless to say we get a lot of odd looks as I push the cart around with Emma sitting in it holding her brother. And today was grand as Davis looked like death and here I was tooling around Target. Who it turns out, does not take our new insurance. So we had to go to another store and do the same thing all over again.

And the doctor visit? Oh yes, we got lots of "looks". Here I was, with sick looking Davis, screaming Xander and Emma doing I do not know what. I had to fill out new forms (new insurance) and also had the baby's bag and my purse. I am not sure how we got in and out of there today. I could use a nanny.

We are all home now. Davis and Xander are napping, bless their hearts. Too much out and about today when no one is really feeling all that great. I am off to rest too. I was up with Davis at 2 and then Xander was up at 4 to eat. My sleep last night left a bit to be desired......

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww poor boogie. Sorry to hear that he has the flu. That takes the kiddos so long to recover from too. Stay inside where it is warm until...hell...April??? Winter sucks... Take care. Love you guys - Kiki
Shannon said…
Face it Abby, your kids are going to tower over you. Especially the boys. Somehow, I ended up with midgets. Payton's 6 months, and just barely weighs 14lbs! We're expecting to be facing backwards in the carseat until she's 2.

We had the flu going around our house too. It sucks. Hope the Tamiflu helps, we couldn't catch things in time to get it. Give Davis get well hugs!!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......