Skip to main content

If All Is Not Lost.......Can We At Least Stop Time?

This is what time does. It makes your kids grow up. The picture I use on this page was taken almost two years ago in Costa Rica. I am sure I have mentioned that somewhere on this blog before. Emma was five and Davis was two. There was something about the way the two of them sat looking out Tia Laura's back door. They did that just about every morning while we were there. It was beautiful. The weather was warm and the breeze would blow right through the house, from the open front door to the open back door. You could see Tia's fruit trees out back and since it was green season everything was lush and green. Just stunning. So the kids would sit and look out on the yard and I think dream about living in that very place. They are one quarter Costa Rican. It is in their blood. I can't blame them. (please notice the empty spot next to Davis.....that is for Xander)

The picture below was taken this morning. The kids were playing Super Mario Brothers on the old school Nintendo. (Did you know Nintendo is in Spell Check?) Side by side and I notice something odd....

DSCF0634

The boy is catching up to the girl. When did this happen? Davis is average size for his age. Emma is, of course, petite. It seems that Emma will have two younger BIG brothers. And they are ALL growing so fast.

Where did the time go? And is there any way that I can stop it for just one moment so as to savor this time, not forgetting one second? It is only a matter of time before my kids are no longer living in my home, possibly starting families of their own. (with three kids, my odds of grand babies are higher, right?) All of this, these times with my babies will be distant memories. So for now, I am going to relish in the here and now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stop them??? What for?? There are so so many days, times and memories still to be made. But I do take lots of 'snapshots' in my mind too. The girls at a concert always look soooo beautiful, my boy scoring goals or shutting down half the field, long giggling teasing talks at our kitchen table. Savor those seconds and wait for the next ones to show up. And what are you complaining about with the size of your kids? Madi is almost 15 and a few inches taller than me... Love you guys-Kiki
Abby said…
I seem to get so caught up in "What's next?" that I forget about what is NOW. That is why I need to freeze it for a moment.

And who is Madi? LOL. You mean MadiSON. And tell me about it. Chloe has passed me too now I think. Jameison is around the corner and my won kids? Forget it. I would hope ALL the kiddos tower over me. At my size, it is not difficult to surpass me.
Anonymous said…
Savor them and Video them! I still watch videos from the past - I love watching Ashley when she was little. I have video of everyone, including you and your sister. (You were nine and Kelly was 15 when we bought the video camera almost 22 years ago!!)
Love, Aunt Fiddy

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......