Skip to main content

Magical Nine Months

For nine months I carried you around in my belly. I saw you for the first time when you were 6 weeks old in my belly. You were a tiny spot then. I saw you again when you were about 13 weeks in my belly. You were a little jumping bean. The last time I saw you in my belly you were about 20 weeks. You did not hold still. For about 25 or so of those weeks I felt you move and dance. You grew and grew and all the time I wondered if you were a boy or a girl. Finally, nine months ago today, I saw your gorgeous little face and met you.

Our little Alexander...
DSCF0082

Time has gone on. Far too fast. Before long you were four weeks old. An entire month passed. My little wise boy.

DSCF0232

The next thing I knew, I blinked and you were two months old. You began to smile at us.
DSCF0449

Another month flew by and you were three months old. By now we were rocking cloth diapers.
DSCF0625

Four months hit us just as quick as the other ones did. You began to love to bounce in your jump a roo.
DSCF0698

By the time you were five months we were really chugging along. As you can see, you were the engineer.

DSCF1029

Before long, half a year had passed. You grew some teeth and were ready for steak. (not really....I mean you did get teeth but you did not get steak.)

DSCF1199

At seven months you learned to sit yourself up really well and wowed us all with your stunning good looks. You seem to like posing for the camera.

DSCF1463

At eight months we could clearly see your father in you. Your tongue seems to be too large for your face. It is almost always hanging out.

DSCF1480

And then we arrived to where we are today. You have been outside of me for as long as I carried you inside. I am not sure where the time went. My little Xan Man. It has been amazing and fun to watch you over the last nine months. A true joy and blessing. My big man......I love you more than words can express. You melt my heart. Thank you for letting me be your mom.

DSCF1736

Comments

ChelleBelle said…
Oh, Abby - I'm teary! What a sweet tribute to your little man!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......