Skip to main content

You Outta Be In Pictures

I am not photogenic. Never have been. I almost detest having my picture taken. I am usually the one who volunteers to take all the pictures. You are safe behind the camera.

However, looking through pictures, I realize there are very few pictures of me with my kids. This does upset me. I want pictures of me with the kids. Time is fleeting. I want to remember these moments with them. I want photographic evidence that I did exist with these kids.

Yesterday we tried to get ready for church and we were very late. I also had a cake and cookies to take for dessert for lunch and the icing would have melted in the car. We opted to let Xander take a nap and just go straight to Mark's moms for lunch.

We were all dressed for church though. I usually dress us to coordinate as much as I can. No idea why. It is a sickness. We were all dressed and ready to go, so I asked Emma and then Mark to snap a few pictures of me with the kids. Here are the best ones.

Davis has a hard time being still for more than one second.

Mommy and baby
DSCF1790

Mommy and her men
DSCF1795

DSCF1796

Mommy and all her babies
DSCF1800

Comments

Judy said…
Great pictures!

My dad was the family photographer, and so we have relatively few pictures of him, and certainly not very many of him with his kids or grandkids. It's a big regret - that we didn't get more of him and him with us. And my mom hates having her picture taken, so we don't have a ton of her, either, and the ones we do aren't very good.

I make an effort to take pictures of Eric with our boys, because he is usually the one taking the pics. He's a lot better with a camera than I am, but every once in a while I get a good one.

We have all 6 of us (all 4 of our kids) together so rarely, and we forget to do a family picture. We didn't get one this summer, and I don't know if we will have all 6 of us at Christmas time. *sigh*
Anonymous said…
Great pics!!!!

I'm bad about being in the pictures, too. We recently had a family celebration and my uncle took the first family portrait of the 5 of us - the first ever since Noah was a baby and he's 8 now!
Shannon said…
I have the same problem. I'm usually the one taking the pictures. But now, we've figured out the self-timer on the camera so I hope to get more of us all together.
ChelleBelle said…
Awww, awesome pictures! I really need to make an effort to get in some more pictures with the kiddos...I'm usually the one behind the camera, too!

P.S. I have some blog bling for you - come visit and see!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......