Skip to main content

Back To School and Myself

We have started the new home school year. Yes I realize I am nuts. No need to point out the obvious people. So far, so good. I am enjoying the more free schooling we have adapted for this year. Fits my personality better. And we all know, if mama ain't happy.....

So it goes. Another year to begin. I am not sure what it is about this time of the year. But I like it. The weather is cooler already. It is as if with fall comes a new chapter in life. Or just as the leaves change, so does your view. A new beginning if you will.

I hate to admit this out loud, but having the baby hit me harder than I expected. Everyone said that adding number three was seamless. Once you have two, one more is no big deal. Either they lied or I am a freak. Because it kicked my arse. I think I am just now coming out of the baby fog. And it feels good.

Do not get me wrong. I love the little guy. But it has not been easy. Mostly on my mind. Which as anyone who knows me can attest to, is not all there anyway. So when you are not playing with a full deck to begin with......you get the picture.

I think Mark is glad to see me back in the land of the living. It was almost as if I was going through the motions the last few months. In survival mode.

Want to know how I know I am back? When I can paint my nails again. Or actually when I CARE to paint them again. I love to paint my fingernails. I have since I was 12 or 13. Do not know why. It is just one of my things. So I know I have returned to Abby when I am whipping out the paint polish and stocking up on new polish at Target. And guess what? My nails have been painted for the last 2-3 weeks.

I AM BACK! And I missed me too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
She's baaaaaaaaack. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...? Hehe just kidding! It's a good thing :) Have fun with school this year [hehe]. And I can attest to that whole not being all there part too. I love you though...crazy and all...if you weren't you wouldn't be my aunt lol. :)
Love you,
Mimi
Annie said…
I missed you too...let's celebrate with wine or something! :)
luvs ~ Annie
Judy said…
Welcome back!

I think it takes a lot of adjustment with each one. I want more babies, but I don't want that period of adjustment after.

Homeschooling will officially start for us in a year I guess. Every time I think about it I get a little terrified!
Anonymous said…
WOOHOO!! Sounds like we need to take a girls weekend to the lake to celebrate...and I think Annie is right we should have wine, and cheese, and warm bread and then nap by the lake. And celebrate who we are and then swap fiction chick lit books. ; ) Love ya-Kiki
Shannon said…
Ah yes, a wine and cheese night sounds just right. You're not alone Abby. It was much more difficult for me the third time, also. I think it's been harder on the rest of the family, too. But, we're here and we're having fun, for the most part. Wait, I hear some blood-curdling screems from upstairs...

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......