Skip to main content

Defining

Since I participate in Thankful Thoughts November and I like to attach a picture to each one because I am extra like that, I was Pinteresting some quotes today.  I had chosen to be thankful for finding my passion and typed that in my search.  Many quotes came up including this one:

It did not fit where I was going with my thought, but I clicked save because, well, I loved what this said.

So strong they can be gentle.  Strong:  able to withstand great force or pressure.  Gentle:  moderate in action, effect, or degree; not harsh or severe.  When you take a moment to ponder that, you begin to see that it does indeed take great strength to be gentle.  And it is not about being weak, it is about withstanding the great forces of life yet remaining gentle in spirit.

So educated they can be humble.  Being intelligent and knowing your stuff is important.  Being arrogant about what you know is not.  Remaining humble in many situations where one could use their intelligence maliciously is going to reach more people and gain more respect.  And humbleness is so important.  Being humble doesn't mean downplaying your knowledge or not having confidence.  I actually feel is it the opposite.  Being able to remain humble shows that you are secure enough in yourself that you are open to others and do not put yourself above them.

So fierce they can be compassionate.  This might be my favorite.  Some of the most compassionate people are that way precisely because they are fierce.   Fierceness burns from your soul and it tends to then lead one to being able to put themselves in someone else's shoes.  Furiously active or determined lends itself to being tenderhearted.

So passionate they can be rational.  Most people associate passion with wild or crazy.  Passion fuels people into action.  Most people who made great changes, started amazing things, spoke out, did so out of passion.  And most did it in a thought out, rational way.  Passion lights the fire, rational fans the flames.

So disciplined they can be free.  When you've got it together you actually free yourself from so much.  Not that I would know because Lord knows I am far from together😂, but I imagine this to be the case.  I know that in the areas I am disciplined, I experience greater freedom from things.  It is like getting what you have to get done completed so you can do what you want to do.  If you stay focused and on task to complete the must dos, you have the freedom to do whatever your heart desires.

I read this and clearly gave it way too much thought.  Maybe because not only do I strive to be this type of woman, but I want to raise my daughters to be this.  Also because I realize that I am beyond fortunate to be surrounded by many, many amazing women who embody this.  Women who unknowingly are teaching me every day how to be each one of the traits listed.  Women who are at times any one of those things to me and for me.  We need these women.  Each and every one of us.  Let's embrace that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......