Skip to main content

Thankfulness



For a few years, I have participated in Thankful Thoughts. I have always found it to be a very good thing to do.  Remembering no matter life circumstances to be thankful for things is good for your heart and mind.  And I am all about doing things that are good for your soul.

This year, at work, my girl Sarah gave us calendars and challenged us to write at least one thing we were thankful for each day.  I tried to not always do the same thing that I posted to social media.  Challenging myself to think of multiple things to be thankful for. 

Pausing in the middle of the day to remember to be thankful, especially during the work day, has a way of changing your perspective.  You could be having a truly shitastic day, but then you stop and look at the big picture and it turns it all around.  We also all went around the room and shared what we were thankful for that day.  If thinking of the thing you were thankful for wasn't enough to get you out of any funk you were in, it was even harder to stay in that frame of mind as everyone else shared. 

Part of what I loved about doing this was that we also ended up sharing stories.  We were doing life together!  One of my favorite things to do. As I said, we did this over lunch, so we were also sharing a meal together.  Another one of my favorite things to do.  There is something super sweet to me about sitting with a person or people and sharing a meal.  It just does something to your heart and soul that it seems like nothing else does. 

The other part I loved was looking at everyone's calendar.  It was interesting to me to see each person's calendar reflect their personality.  Choosing colors to write with, drawing pictures, using awesome lettering.  Of course mine had novels written each day.  😂  I have never been accused of not having anything to say. 

Today, Sarah brought us in cards and little magnets to close out our Thankful Thoughts lunches.  This girls heart..... I am so thankful for her.  And to the maybe five of you reading this, I challenge you to look for things in your life to be thankful for.  Not just during November, but each day.  You might be surprised at the effect it starts to have on you when you take the time to pause and think of things you are thankful for.  See the good in all things. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......