Skip to main content

Two Weeks Unitl Eviction

I was thinking today of taking that 37 week picture. And as I thought about it, I thought, "I will wait for a day when I look good." To which I had to laugh. If I did that it would never get taken.

I am no longer able to drive. At the request of many family members, Mark being the ring leader, it has been noted that I should no longer drive. I did not discuss this with my doctor and it is not by her orders. However, once you no longer fit into your car, it is probably best to cease driving. To be honest it pisses me off. But, between the largeness of my belly and the shortness of my legs.....it is no longer possible. Simply put, the steering wheel is up as far as it will go and the seat is moved back as far as I can move it and still reach the pedals. The steering wheel now rests ON my belly and my legs are cramping from having to stretch to reach the pedals. Mark is probably right. It is no longer safe. And I hate it when he is right.

So we are homebound during the week for the next two weeks. Which pisses me off too. Not that I need to go anywhere. It is just the idea of not being ABLE that bothers me. I do not think it even bothers the kids. They love to spend all day at home destroying the house. And they excel in it too. I think the biggest let down for them is that we go see my mom and dad every week. My kids are going to miss that and be upset that we do not get over there.

My doctor checked me at my last two visits and informed me that it was pointless to be doing it. Thanks for the news flash, I already knew that. She was kind enough to inform me that there was no way this baby would come out from down there. Yea, not news to me either. She even thought the baby might be breech, no his/her head is down. If I go into labor prior to the scheduled c-section, I will not dilate. It is possible my water would break and that would be my signal that I am even in labor.

The comments are coming even more often now. Between the, "You will not make it another two weeks" and the guessing what gender, I guess I should actually be thankful that we can not get out. It is driving me batty and frankly I do not have the energy to smile and engage these people. Yesterday at Sam's Club I was able to manage to be friendly with two different people. One who claimed that I would not make it two weeks and was 100% certain it was a boy. And one who was elated that we had not found out the gender. I was nice and let them be. I did not inform the one that yes I would make it two more weeks and I am carrying low because my body is all stretched out and it has been low for a long time.

The nursery is not quite done yet. The baby's bag for the hospital is packed. This week I will gather my stuff as well. Just in case. Next week I will get the car seat in the car and begin gathering clothing for Emma and Davis. For the most part, I think we are ready.

And now, here is the 37 weeks picture. I am aware that I look like I could pop at any moment. (I think someone said that to me the other day, just like that.) I am aware that it appears there should be two. I am aware that it is hanging low. I am aware that is is freakish and just does not seem right. It is what it is people.

37 weeks

The next picture you will see of me pregnant will be taken right before I have this baby. About 39 weeks. After that, the next picture you will see is the newest family member.

Team Pink or Team Blue? Stay tuned.....in two more weeks we will know.

Comments

Cinnamon said…
What are you talking about?! You are beautiful! Don't you just hate non-pregnant people and their comments, I mean COME ON!! I cannot wait to see your new bundle of joy.

Cinnamon (*WishingonaStar* on Feb 04 BBC)
Anonymous said…
Abby, you look great! I'm small, too (5'1") and was all belly with all 3 of my kids. It's uncomfortable, but you're almost done! Sorry that driving isn't an option for you. That stinks.

I'm looking forward to knowing if it's blue or pink! Relax and try to enjoy what's left of the pregnancy.
Anonymous said…
Well I am pretty sure that Davis and I are right- pink team! And what do you mean the nursery isn't quite done yet??? Kiki is confused. Glad to hear that you did finally listen to all of us and quit driving. Thank you. Love you guys, Kiki
Abby said…
Um Kiki..the crib is still not put together. This weekend it will get done. That is the only thing left. Well and maybe a shelf above the dresser.

Glad you made it back! Looked at the pictures and man those skirts rocked! Awesome job.

Talk to you soon!
alimum said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
alimum said…
I am guessing Team Blue

I was thinking that you could always tie boxes to your feet (like Shortstuff in Indiana Jones II) and then you can push the seat farther back and still reach the pedals.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.