Skip to main content

We Went. We Saw. I Walked My Fracking Feet Off.

We survived. And so did the kids. I, however, will not go for more than 3 days again with a child under a year old and still nursing. Here is my list on NYC.

Top Ten Awesome Things about NYC:

1~ The city itself
2~ The Subway. Public transportation rocks.
3~ The food. So much, so good.
4~ Central Park. Amazing. Beautiful.
5~ The people. I heard more foreign languages there than English.
6~ Soho and Greenwich Village
7~ The shopping. Seriously.
8~ Seeing the World Trade Center site in person. One does not get the magnitude unless you see it live.
9~ 30 Rock. I know I am a twit. But I love the show and this was too awesome for me.
10~ Did I mention the city? Skyline is breath taking

Top Ten Sucky or Amusing Things About NYC (caveat, some of these are just vacation without kids)

1~ Pumping sucks
2~ Pumping sucks in public restrooms and/or airplane restrooms
3~ Tossing breast milk down the drain or in the toilet sucks even worse
4~ Missing your kids is not cool
5~ Seeing a lady carrying her dog in a carrier like a baby is heeeeelareious. Yes, the dog had its legs out the bottom and arms out the top and was looking around as this lady carried him. Think Baby Bjourn for dogs.
6~ Do not stop. You will get run over. Either by people or cabs. Or pigeons. They fly at your face. No joke.
7~ Walking sucks. And word to the wise: If your husband says, "I thought we would take the subway to the far end of Central Park and walk our way up." do not agree to this. Maybe some people are smart and I should have known when I got on the subway at 48th Street and got off at 110th Street I was in for a looooooooooooong walk. Central Park is 50 city blocks long. Crap.
8~ I have never seen so many Bugaboo strollers in my life. Or nannies. Or umbrellas for said strollers.
9~ NYC is too large to see in 4 days
10~ Did I mention the walking?

You can not however beat this skyline....

DSCF1630

DSCF1632

NYC, we will be back.

Comments

Judy said…
I'm so glad you had a good time. I haven't been to NYC since before I got pregnant with Guthrie, so 5 years or so, and I really really miss it. Maybe we'll make the trip with the kids sometime next year.

We (well, Eric) had friends who lived right across from the World Trade Center. They had to evacuate after the planes hit - they were afraid the buildings would fall on theirs - and the husband had a disability where he could barely walk. We visited them in December 2001, when they were still clearing the wreckage - you could see it right out their window. It was very strange and scary.

Oh, and Eric proposed to me on a carriage ride through Central Park on New Year's Eve 2001. Romantic, huh?

Great pictures. NYC is awesome!
Abby said…
Mark said something about a carriage ride. I told him it was too cheesey and I would make fun of it the entire time. I am missing the romantic gene. New Year's Eve, carriage ride in Central Park, sounds like a scene from a movie.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......