Skip to main content

What Makes It Worth It

As a mom you have a tendency to give and give until there is nothing left of yourself. After having a child, I have found that I put myself on the back burner for a time and forget about me. It is easy as a mom to put yourself last. It is not good for your mental health though.

When you find yourself walking through Wal-Mart and not wanting to go back home to the leeches that suck the life out of you, you are in a bad place. Mostly joking here....

Kids do suck the life out of you though. I have just had to remind myself how important it is to refuel myself. So while it wears me out, it is worth it. I mean how could you not want to squish these kids? (I mean that in a loving way.)

DSCF1746

DSCF1757

Comments

Judy said…
Oh, how very true.

We went to the mall this weekend. (We NEVER go to the mall - maybe once a year.) I found beautiful bras that fit me. (I wear a weird size.) I didn't look at the price while I was trying it on. I decided it was beautiful, made me feel great, it was worth it.

It was $58!

Add in the matching bottoms, and it was a lot of money. But worth it. How much do we spend on our kids? We deserve some little luxuries too.

Go to Dillard's and buy yourself a gorgeous bra. WOW was it worth it!
Anonymous said…
I feel like you finally heard me!! Woot woot!! Really you can't give what you don't have. I know you hear me say that all the flippin time. It's alright to focus on you sometimes...go ahead girl paint all 10 toes. ; ) Love you - Kiki

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......