Skip to main content

Why I Homeschool and Other Random Thoughts

In all honesty, some days I have no clue.

Materials are gathered. In opting to strike out more on your own and go the eclectic route, it takes more time. So far we are doing well. English, Math and History have been secured for Emma. I did opt to go with an all in one program for Davis for preschool. Yes people. I am now home schooling both kids. Yes I am crazy. Possibly certifiable.

Xander is still not sleeping through the night. He is only waking once usually though. He nurses and goes right back to sleep. He has four teeth now and is eating solids well. I will not divulge how often he still nurses. It is our secret.

The big kids are set and ready to begin school hopefully in mid to late August. The materials I have ordered are on their way to me. We bought school supplies yesterday. Here is hoping I can keep Davis interested.

Nothing else new to report. Other than the lady at Wal-Mart asked me yesterday if I was pregnant again. I almost choked her. I am back to my pre pregnancy weight, I must be carrying it differently. I do feel bloated a lot of the time. But sheesh. Talk about a nasty blow to your ego. I was not even wearing anything that seemed tight. Guess I looked worse than I thought. Good to know?

I have other thoughts floating around. I will get around to posting at some point.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well since I kept the kiddos not that long ago I know how much he eats...and you can tell by the pics that he eats well. ; ) Take care and Kiki loves you.
Judy said…
Well, Turner is 27 months, and just a few days ago (I meant to write it down, but forgot) he slept from 9:30 p.m. - 7 a.m. For the first time. He did it again last night, until 6 a.m. So Xander's doing pretty well compared to my crazy boys.

Homeschooling - planning on it with the boys. And I'm already stressing and feeling insane. Not doing any formal preschool, but my mom is already asking, "When are you going to start homeschooling Guthrie?" Which is weird, since he wouldn't start K until next year, and no one else in the family until this generation has ever done preschool.

I can't imagine making it work with a baby! Maybe you are insane. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......