Skip to main content

Mini Me's

I have commented before about how much my children look like their father. They really have a strong resemblance to him. And did from the very beginning.

When I was pregnant with Emma, I wondered what the baby would look like. We did not find out if we were having a boy or a girl and I spent those months wondering what I was carrying and who they would look like. As soon as I was coherent enough to really take a good look at Emma after she was born it was obvious. My baby girl looked just like her daddy. I tired really hard to see myself in her but it was pointless. People now say she looks like me and I smile. I figure they have only seen me and her and not her with her dad. I say thank you all the while knowing in my mind she is a copy of her father.

When I got pregnant with Davis, I resigned myself to the fact that this child would likely look just like Mark again. We once again did not find out the gender though I had a strong feeling it was a boy. I spent another nine months wondering if there was any chance that this baby would look anything like me. This time it was a scheduled c-section and my doctor announced we had a boy. I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if my boy looked like me since my girl looks like her dad?" Nope. Davis looks just like his dad too.

At that point I realized the good thing was Mark could never claim the kids were not his. I had Markita and Markito. He apparently has strong genes.

So when I found out I was pregnant this time, I did not waste any time wondering who the child would look like. My money is on the father. We will know for sure sometime around November 12.

Comments

D said…
Oh Abby! Congratulations!!! :) :)

Wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy! ((hugs))
Abby said…
Thanks Dawn. It happened way faster thsi time than times past too, so it took me by complete surprise.

So far so good! And the shock is starting to wear off.....
Dee said…
Yay!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......