Skip to main content

Davis and His Baggie

Anyone remember Linus and his blanket? He dragged it everywhere. If you watched the Peanuts (You know Charlie Brown) you remember Linus and his silly blanket.

Neither of my kids had lovies really. They both used binkies and gave them up at three for Emma and two and a half for Davis. They went though stages (still do) liking certain things and only wanting to play with or watch those things. They never really latched onto one thing so much though that is caused them to have a nervous break down if they could not find it. Until now.

Davis discovered a small backpack the other day. It is a mini one, much like the one we have used for some time as his diaper bag. Yes I am aware that he is over three and should be using the toilet. I do not care to discuss that right now. We have used this bag to carry a change of clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, whatever we need for the outing. The one we use is light gray. The one Davis found was new and purple.

We dubbed this HIS baggie. And he began collecting things and stashing them in HIS baggie. He freaks out if he can not find baggie. He woke up the other morning crying because he did not see baggie as he had left it in Emma's room. Baggie sleeps either in his bed or on the floor next to his bed. He drags baggie behind him wherever he goes. He freaks out if you try to get into baggie without his permission.

The contents of baggie right now? (I was only able to get in and look while he was coloring at the table and did not know I was in it)

~two golf balls
~two baseballs
~ pink Hello Kitty purse
~plastic horseshoes
~Shrek from McDonald's
~note pad
~note card
~two Tater Tots stuffed toys from Sonic
~purple plastic Dora Easter egg
~blue Lightning McQueen car
~pink sunglasses

It is about to make me nuts. He can't NOT know where baggie is at all times. He has a melt down. He can not leave the house without HIS baggie. I am not sure how long this will last. I have never dealt with such a thing before.

Davis and his baggie. God love them both.

Comments

Amanda. said…
Crazy but that is EXACTLY what I have in my purse at this very moment.
Anonymous said…
Sounds to me like he needs a taco for that bag. Kiki will talk to him about how to properly pack his purse, um baggie. Love you guys- Kiki
Abby said…
It is so a purse. I have said that already. Only he has the Hello Kitty clutch INSIDE the baggie.

I am surprsied he has not packed food in it yet. You all better watch your stuff when they come over in a couple of weeks. He sort of steals stuff. He gets that from his Nanny. (; Free maps anyone?

This morning he showed me his golf balls and not thinking (and he was nude, peed in the potty once yesterday and again today! Wahoo, we will take what we get.) I said to him, "Yes Davis I see your balls." Nice.
Oldy said…
That's so funny.

I wish my husband would get his OWN "baggie"

So he wouldn't be handing me his keys, wallet, sunglasses,reading glasses ,cell phones,etc..and saying "here, put these in your purse."

When I was pregnant with my 3rd son ,I bought myself a doll, to put the cute girl clothes on (which I suspected I would never get to use).
I got it home and the damn thing had a wee wee, even my doll was a male.

I had my 3rd son.(I was right about never getting to use the dresses)

Dressed the doll in some of the cute (never to be used dresses) and suddenly when my son was about 2 , he fell in love with that doll.
We had to go EVERYWHERE with him carrying his huge cross dressing baby doll .

It would have been cute if I hadn't had to carry both of them. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......