Skip to main content

Go Figure

In a strange way it makes sense.

Davis was low on diapers so I stopped to get some Friday afternoon. Saturday morning he decided to potty train. No joke. As in, he felt the need to go, went in on the potty chair by himself and then ran in to show me his potty in the bowl. He did this two more times Saturday without me telling him to go. No accidents.

Sunday morning, he went once before we left for church and then by default he went in his diaper the rest of the day because we were out.

Yesterday all day he put his pee pee in the potty chair. I left him in his boxers overnight because the diaper was bothering him but he woke up and came to my bed early in the morning in which I strapped on a diaper.

Today he is in underwear and we will see how this day goes. If he keeps it up Davis will have trained in a weekend.

What is funny is that I am of the mind of letting the kid figure it out. Emma did, though she was just over two. One day she said she needed to make potty and she did and that was that. I kept her in diapers overnight for some time and on occasion when we went out. But she just made the connection that day and she was done. I thought Davis would do the same thing. But the days kept ticking by with nothing and I was beginning to wonder if it would ever click. Patience pays off. It clicked. Not only does he realize when he needs to go and just takes himself to go, he can stop it if he starts and is not on the potty. His body is ready and now his mind made the connection and BAM! Potty trained.

Hopefully with him being so much older we will have less accidents and he will be less likely to regress when this baby is born. Here's to hoping!

I could not be prouder. Though now it is hitting me. My baby is no longer a baby. He is officially a big boy now. I guess that is good with another baby on its way.

As I tell Emma though, no matter what they will always be my babies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......