Skip to main content

How You Know

Maybe for some people being pregnant hits them when they see the two lines, or plus sign or digital read out saying pregnant, on the test they take. Maybe some people get it when they go to their confirmation appointment. Maybe when they get an early ultrasound. Maybe when they see the baby further along or when they hear the heartbeat for the first time. Yea. I am not any of those people.

Here is Abby's list. I know I am pregnant when....

1) I make a sandwich with the following ingredients: turkey, American cheese, wing sauce, and blue cheese dressing. I smear butter on the outer slices of bread, smear the wing sauce and blue cheese on the inner part of the bread, put the cheese and turkey in the middle and grill it in the Foreman grill. Yum, it was delicious.

2) I watch 90210 while eating my breakfast. I have seen this episode what? Five or six hundred times by now right? It happens to be the one where Dr. Martin, Donna Martin's dad dies. I cry. A lot. Not only do I cry through out the entire episode but I think about how Donna and David belong together. As if these are real people.

3) I take a shower and put on some clothes. Put on some make-up. And start sweating. I decide that doing my hair today is not an option as it would require the hair dryer and it is too hot for that. Besides I figure I am pregnant and huge and all people see is my belly. Who cares if my hair looks like trash?

4) I decide I need pizza for lunch/dinner. Not only do I need pizza but it needs to be from Little Caesar's. Why? Because I need the Crazy Bread. Badly. I can not think of anything else but the Crazy Bread until I eat it. The closest Little Caesar's is not that close. I have other options much closer. But I. Must. Have. The. Crazy. Bread. I got get it. Three orders of it. So I have some for later.

5) I want Taco Bell bean burritos all the time. No joke. All the time.

That is it for now. So for me seeing the heartbeat or hearing the heartbeat did not make it as real as the items above. The absolute irrational behavior that I exhibit. I become passionate about these things. In a scary sort of way. I am sure there is more to come.

Comments

Momma Phoenix said…
With my first baby, I didn't even need the BFP to know I was pregnant. I just knew and it was a good feeling. This time, I'm probably 12 weeks now?, and it still doesn't FEEL the same. It's weird. I talk about it a lot, but I don't know. We heard the heartbeat... but I dunno, I'm not the sort where I hear that and I gush about how it's a new life. To me, the heartbeat is still in my own body, so thats not saying much... I think I'll know I'm pregnant when I'm in labor. :D
karrie said…
I'm not pregnant, but that sandwich sounds oddly delicious. :)

Glad everything looked good on your u/s.
D said…
Yum on the sandwich!

My "had to have it" was a cheese sandwich on white bread with miracle whip. It was all I could think about all day until I got home and made it (and a few more after that) before I even set my car keys down. :) I know I walked around all that day with my eyes bugged out in crazy person fashion, thinking about that dumb sandwich!

But sadly, I *knew* I was pg when I found myself praying to the porcelain god one Christmas morning. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......