Skip to main content

Houston, we've lost a tooth


Yes, Emma lost her first tooth. It was dramatic and exciting. Her tooth had been loose for about a month and a half. Yesterday it started bleeding some and she of course freaked out. I told her it was because it was so loose and getting ready to come out. I asked her if she wanted me to yank it, which of course sent her into a screaming fit. All day she was wiggling that tooth. Last night, I was on the computer looking for new tap shoes for her as she has out grown her other ones when I hear her shrieking, "MOM! My tooth came out. Am I bleeding???" Sure enough, Emma's first baby tooth has fallen out of her face. I wanted to take her picture but she was too upset about tasting blood. I got her a wash rag with an ice cube in it. Then we had to find something to put the tooth in. After all of that, I got a picture. Emma with a hole in her mouth. She put her tooth under her pillow for the Tooth Fairy. Luckily the Tooth Fairy remembered and had cash. Four dollars was left in her tooth pouch and the tooth was gone this morning.

So now not only is my baby boy not a baby anymore but my daughter is beginning to lose her teeth. No more denying it. My kids are growing up. Ouch. It is very bittersweet for me. One minute they are tiny babies, brand new and little. Looking at you with their innocent eyes and needing you for everything. Then you blink or look away for a moment and they are going to school and losing teeth. Where did the time go? I swear, it was just yesterday that I found out I was even pregnant with her and now? My little girl is growing up. And no one asked me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......