Skip to main content

You Know You're A Mom When....

Mark took a business trip this last week. He booked his flight through Continental. In doing so he got 10 free music downloads from iTunes. He sent them to me knowing that I like to listen to all sorts of random stuff and all mixed together. Mark likes to buy an entire CD. I kept a hold of the e-mail knowing I would get to it soon. I was thinking of what songs to get when I thought, "Hey, you know what? I will make a CD for the kids! They will love that!"

I set up the account with iTunes and start searching. First stop, The Wiggles. Davis loves the Wiggles and we even went to their last tour in May. We had a great time and he just loves them. We took Emma years ago too. I find some of their favorites (Toot, Toot, Chugga, Chugga Big Red Car; Fruit Salad; Can You Point Your Fingers). I download them and I am down three songs.

Next I search LazyTown. Now I readily admit being a Wiggles fan. Having seen them twice in concert and they totally rocked. LazyTown was a different story. They freaked me out. Seriously. Then just like fungus, it grew on me. And now we own not one DVD, but three. With two more coming and being put up for Christmas presents. So yes we will own FIVE LazyTown DVD's. After deciding what songs to get we end up with Welcome To LazyTown, Bing Bang, There's Always A Way, Go For It, and Twenty Times Time. If you go here you can hear snip its of these songs. Now the worst part is not only can I sing along to these songs but I find them catchy and I especially like the lyrics to the songs. They are just really positive and upbeat and I find myself dancing and singing along even though it irritates my kids. Now I am down another five songs. Two free songs left.

There is a song they play on Noggin, or used to anyway. It is the Bottle of Sunshine song. They play it on Jack's Big Music Show. I had no idea who sang it and finally found it was Milkshake. I love this song. So I downloaded it for me because well I think it is fantastic. Who can not love a song with lyrics like:
I got a big Bottle Of Sunshine
mixed it up with a bowl of daydreams
poured it into a suitcase full of laughter that I found
you won't find me sitting around...
Super catchy and just such a great song. One more free song left.

I am thinking and *I* enjoy Laurie Berkner. Same idea as the other songs. Upbeat, catchy, good lyrics. Emma is not as enthusiastic as me and I am thinking I want some Laurie Berkner songs and am trying to play it off like this CD is for my kids. When in fact it is as much for me. When you have kids you can say that they are the reason for watching things like Lazy Town, SpongeBob, Blue's Clues; buying all the Disney/Pixar movies as soon as they come out on DVD,; going to see the newest animated films on the theater; or making CD's full of kids songs. I personally like Song in My Tummy. (click and go to song 15) Emma voted for Victor Vito, which I too enjoy. And now our CD was complete.

I burned a copy for Emmaline, a copy for Davis, and a copy for me. I told myself it was in case the kids lost their copies I would have one and could make more if needed. But really it was because I like the songs too. I am even thinking of downloading them to my mp3 player.

You know you are a mom when not only do you use your 10 free iTunes for kid's songs, not only do you make a copy of the CD for yourself, you WANT to listen to the music. You also want to get more of the songs (I still want Song In My Tummy).

I have to go watch LazyTown. The kids want me to.

(I took many pictures at The Wiggles this last time. Yea, sure, for Davis. I also made sure we got the best possible seats. That was for Davis too.)

P1010448

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......