Skip to main content

This One's For The Girl's



This One's For The Girl's (Martina McBride)


It all started about a year ago, at our Ten Year High School Reunion. While most of us had been in contact off and on over the year's, the Girl's Night out plan was born only a year ago. These are women I have known for a minimum of 12 years. Women who when I met them were young girl's. I have since wondered on more than one occasion what it is that ties us together. We have seen each other through more than most of our husband's have seen us through. We have been together for over half of our lives. We watched each other grow up and change. And accepted it all. These are women who have watched me cry over my first boyfriend and visited me when I had my first baby. These are women who got Taco Bell with me at midnight and who have joined me for brunch at Andre's. These are women who have drank so much with me that we held each other's hair out of the toilet and who have sipped a nice glass of wine with me in recent times. These are women who inspire me every day. So what is it that holds us together?

We are not all doing the same thing in life. We have never all been in the same place in life. Some of us are moms. Some of us work. Some of us do both. These are women who I know in a heartbeat would be there for me. These are women that I have watched get married, get divorced, have babies and lose babies. These are women that while we once sat around and talked about what are lives will be like, now we sit around and talk about how our lives have unfolded before us. How is it that we are still in each other's lives? The one common thread we all share? A belief in God. It is no coincidence that we are all still friends. God planned it that way. For whatever reason, it was His plan all those years ago when he sat me behind Katie in Mrs. Vaughn's home room. Or when he put me in art class and music with Denise. Or when Shannon was in Quest with me. Or when Annie and I worked in the library together. Or when Lisa and I became engrossed with the yearbook. These are women God blessed me with. These are women who have an inner beauty that is hard to find and who have a heart and compassion and an abundance of love to give. I thank God everyday for knowing that I would need them in my life and for putting them there. I love you all!

Comments

Judy said…
I envy your wonderful long-term friendships. I've lost touch with most of mine. The pics are great.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......