Skip to main content

Junk drawers or house?

Surely I am not the only one who has these. Junk drawers. Maybe I am the only one who has more than one though....

So today I decided that it would be a good day to clean out my junk. Knowing that next week we will likely be ordering new school materials for Emma. (Yes, we homeschool. Second year. That is for another post....) I had to clean out our office/school area. That is where it started. I sorted through all the books and stuff from last year. Plied it up for a big box. Next was the storage closet. Living in a hundred year old house, we have approximately four closets. Only one of which is in a bedroom. The closet in what we use as an office is where we store stuff. It is like a giant junk drawer. Lots of stuff had to go. Once that was taken care of, I moved on to the dining room. Where we have not one, not two, not three, but yes FOUR drawers for stuff. Cleaned those out and went after the one junk drawer in the kitchen. Cleaned that one out and realized maybe I should clean under the sink. I could store some stuff there if I cleaned it. About two hours or so later and one bag full of trash, my mission was complete. Rearranged some stuff around, as I now had more room in other places, and volia! What started as Mission Impossible became Mission Clean Everything. How does that happen?

You know things are messy when after you are done, your daughter walks into the room and says, "Whoa. Why is it so clean in here?" Nice to know that even when YOU think your house is clean and organized and your are feeling pretty good about yourself, your six year old can deflate your self-esteem so easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......