Skip to main content

Swatch Watches

Remember those? As I was browsing eBay (bad place to be...) for Hello Kitty items to go with this bedding set for my daughter, I got side tracked. Happens often. So I was poking around and checking things out. Mark reminded me of the United Colors of Benneton, which reminded me of this really cool watch my sister had from there. She was five years older and it was such a cool watch. Anyway, so then I remembered the Swatch watches. I go searching in eBay and lo and behold I found my first ever Swatch. My fishy watch! I asked for it for Christmas in the fifth grade (note to self: that watch now is being sold as vintage??!! Crap...). My mom wrapped it in a shoe box so I would not know which one it was. I do not know what happened to that watch. Over the years I collected some more. I had one like this. I had one with flags all around instead of numbers. I also had the guards. Both kinds. I even did the whole take two of the rubbery kind and twist them and put them on the watch. The watch was really hard to read that way, but I bet my Swatch's were actually less scratched up. (Note: this is a really cool site that seems to have all the Swatch watches made in the 80's. some that you can buy still. Sadly, mine is not available. Though I did find it on eBay....) As I got older, plastic watches were not so cool anymore. So I got one like this. Still Swatch. And as time went on I moved on. To Fossil. Citizen. Even my husband bought me a beautiful Movado watch last year for Christmas. But now, sitting here, I wish I still had my fish Swatch watch. Somehow, I think, it might make this whole turning thirty thing better in some odd way. Me and my vintage, retro Swatch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......