Skip to main content

Go Saint Louis Cardinals!

P1010033

I may be from Kansas City and we may have a ball team, but it is the Royals. Which really have not been playing much ball. Not that the Chiefs have done much better lately....

Mark got offered playoff tickets for the Cardinals~Mets game for Sunday night. Game Four baby. How do you pass that up? In a matter of minutes I was on the phone begging and bribing people to watch my kids and come stay with our dogs. After all, we had just gone out of town the weekend before. I had to pull out the big guns. Fortunately for us, we have plenty of willing family around to help us out. I am not sure how willing, but they did take care of things for us. With that settled and our hotel room booked, we packed up and headed to Saint Louis.

On our way we detoured into Hermann MO. For those who do not know, Hermann is Wine Country for Missouri. And it is Oktoberfest. Score! Off we went to find a couple wineries and do some wine tasting. We went to Adam Puchta Winery (May I suggest Hunter's Red and the Chardonel? Or for sweeter wine go for the Berry Black.) and also the Robller Vineyard and Winery. There were a TON of people out walking (open containers of wine everywhere) in Hermann and it was amazing to see so many drunk people all in one spot. It was the first time in years I had seen so many people that drunk all together. But it was a beautiful day and we tasted some great wine. And brought a few bottles home for later.

We made our way into Saint Louis, found our hotel and got settled in. After much trouble we found a place to eat dinner. It was the Schlafly Tap Room. Great food, great beer. After that we went back to our room to get some rest.

Sunday we found our way to the Washington Ave. Post for breakfast. EXCELLENT crepes. Great coffee. Wonderful service. We then went to the Anheuser-Busch Brewery for a tour. (This weekend was turning into a How to Get Free Booze Weekend.) The Brewery was really beautiful. Old buildings and very clean. It was really fun and yes, at the end we got free beer. It was then time to eat dinner (Soda Fountain Square) and find some St. Louis shirts for the game.

P1010029

P1010027

The game was awesome. St. Louis did not win, but wow what a Stadium. We sat right under the Scoreboard and it was a blast being at the game. The playoffs are at 2-2 and I KNOW that the Cardinals will pull it off and go to the Series. GO CARDS!!!!

I leave you with a few pictures of our weekend. (the rest can be found here.)
P1010035
Gorgeous Stadium...

P1010046
When I said right under the Scoreboard, I meant RIGHT UNDER it.

P1010048
Yes my friends, that is one Albert Pujols playing first base. Sigh......

P1010044
And one Albert Pujols at bat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't speak for the keeper of the dogs; but as the keeper of the kids there was NO bribing. And as the KIKI I am ALWAYS willing to keep the kids. They are now and will forever be welcome here...always.
Abby said…
Keeper of the kids sounds so....official? Or maybe magical. I really did not have to bribe anyone. Well except maybe mom.....

My kids are crazy though. And sometimes I think ya'll would be smart to bargin for keeping them....

Thanks for keeping them though. Now if I could get used to having them around again!
Judy said…
Glad you had fun in St. Louis. I've always enjoyed the times I spent there. Have a great story about the night before my 21st birthday, when the bouncer let me into the bars anyway.

It's very sad coming from the home of the Royals. Haven't paid any attention in years, because they just suck too much. Used to be a huge fan though - if my daughter had been a boy, I was going to name her Brett after George Brett!

And I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am of 2 weekends in a row without the kiddos! I don't know if that's something that will ever happen for us again until they are in their teens.
Abby said…
Yea Judy, I know what you mean. About both the Royals and two weekends away.

At times I still want that third child but then I think, "How often would we get opportunities like these then?" Not to mention how long it would be before we could anyway and all of that. Sometimes I think the having another child would not be worth what we would hvae to give up....

Terrible I know.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......