Skip to main content

Monkey Doo

I was sending an e-mail to a friend. I was thinking of what life feels like at times and could not seem to come up with a good analogy. I was thinking along the lines of the when life hands you lemons type thing. But really, at times, life does not hand you something even as nice as a lemon. Sometimes life hands you a big pile of crap. Which is by far worse than lemons.

So this is what I came up with. Be forewarned, I am crude. Honest in an off the wall way. And a touch crazy and neurotic.

Sometimes it feels like life has me standing in the middle of the monkey cage at the zoo. Crap is going to be flying everywhere. From all directions it is coming at you. You do not know whether to run or hide or duck. Inevitably, the crap is going to hit you. You are out numbered and the monkey's have good aim. They are Pro Crap Flingers. I guess the point in life is how you are going to deal with the crap that you are covered in. Do you sit and whine and complain about the poop? Do you wipe it off while fighting back tears? Do you take the poop, fashion them into pies, let them harden and fight back? Or at the very least make nice with the monkey's and play catch with the poo disks?

Maybe life is not about what is thrown at you. How much it stinks or how much of it there is. Maybe life is about what you do with what you are given, good and bad. Maybe life is about what you take away from each piece of poop that comes your way. Maybe it has more to do with viewing that poop as either a huge pile of crap or thinking hey, maybe we could play Frisbee with this.

Anyone up for a game of Poo Frisbee? I have a lot of crap sitting over here.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Perfect analogy! If life handd me lemons, I would just make lemon bars or lemon tarts and soon I would be too big to leave my house. :)
Abby said…
They always make it sound like lemons are so bad. But really if life is handing you lemons you can alwasy use them for something. But crap being flung at you? Not cool on any level really. And that is really more what life is like. A big 'ol Crap Fest. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......