Skip to main content

Love Thursday

Seems there is a Blog Phenomenon. Love Thursday. I found this out from Amanda. Wondering what it was about, I l clicked on her Love Thursday link to read up on it. I have to admit, at first I thought it as like another Valentine's Day type deal. You know. We NEED a day to tell people we love them and all of that. Things we should be saying all the time. Then after a few moments I thought maybe this was trying to get at that. With all the crap in this world this was a way to take a day and just be thankful and think of all the good around us. And with that in mind, I could get on board Love Thursday.

This lead to what I thought of for Love Thursday. I could go on about how great my husband is. Or how great my kids are. Or how great life is. And while all those things are true, it just seemed too contrived. Too forced and not genuine. Next I thought I could go on about something totally off the wall. Like how much I love Hello Kitty. And how in Chicago there was a whole store of Hello Kitty, just like there was when I was a girl. Then I moved on from that as well. I came to this conclusion, how could I LIVE Love Thursday? Not write about it, but be active in it.

As I stood there folding all of Mark's laundry from his trip, I thought about how great it was to be doing his laundry. Not because I like laundry ( I actually detest it) but because I had not done any of his laundry for an entire week. He had been gone. And doing his laundry now meant he was back at home. Where he belongs. And as I folded his impossibly wrinkled jeans......tangent here. How do jeans get so wrinkled anyway? Is there some elf in the dryer that laughs mischievously every time he sees a pair of jeans come into the dryer? Does he sit the whole time and grab them in his evil, tiny hands and wad them up so that when you pull them out, even BEFORE the dryer is done, they are still impossibly wrinkled? Is that what it is? Because jeans always come out all wadded up and wrinkles galore and it is so difficult to iron thick jean material. Anyway, I thought as I was puling out these clothes, "You know self, you should iron Mark's stuff." Now, first, he says I do not iron well enough. But I thought at the very least I could press them up some. Now if he is in a hurry or running late or not feeling well he will have clothes already pressed. If he still wants to press them some he can but most of the wrinkles are out and it would not take as long.

Off I went upstairs to put my plan in action. I turned on the iron and sprayed the starch on the inside so as not to ruin the iron. At this point I have already earned bonus points for doing that part. I proceeded to iron all of his shirts and hang them up in his closet and then tackled the impossibly wrinkled jeans. Then I was done.

So, honey, all your shirts and jeans from your trip have been laundered, ironed, and hung back up. If that does not say Love Thursday, I do not know what will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......