Skip to main content

Love Thursday

Things over here have been.....whoppy. That is a word I use when it feels like things are all over the place and chaos has broken out and I can not seem to regain any sense of normalcy. Whoppy.

Now, I do thrive under a bit of chaos. I work better with noise and on a deadline and all of that. Always have. I do not, however, function well when it feels as if *I* or my feelings are all whoppy. And they have been for the last week.

My husband has been doing a lot of changing over the last few months. In a positive way and it is both beautiful and annoying at the same time. Why? Because we (the kids and I) got used to a certain way around here. Now, it is being all stirred up and honestly, even though it is good, it is also hard.

Mark is coming to the place I have prayed for for years now. In every way. My nature wants to then, instead of thanking God for that or telling him how great it is, push the other way. Nuts right? Mark is becoming the man I always wanted and honestly knew he was and could be. And instead of thanking my lucky stars he is mine, I walk around going, "What the hell is happening?"

My Love Thursday is compromised of three parts. The first being that Mark is in tune. He is getting it in so many ways. He now knows, instinctively, what I need. I do not have to ask. I do not have to say a word. He just knows. After nine years of dealing with me, that is love.

The second being my babies. Last night we curled up on the couch. We got our blanket. After all the whoppy, I needed this. More than I even realized. We sat there, both kids on my lap, watching t.v. Davis ended up falling asleep and Emma was close. But it was such a great moment for me. It is only a matter of time before they are too big to do that. So I will take it when I get it. It is amazing how the kids know when I need something. Just moments ago, while typing up the post, Emmaline put on Bad Day by Daniel Powter. Davis then came in wanting me and when I asked what he wanted, my boy said simply, "Dance." The boy NEVER wants to dance with me. But today he came in and asked me to dance. So off we went, my baby boy and me, and danced to the song. Such a sweet moment. Once again, that is love.

The third would be why I believe all the above is becoming reality. God. The more I love God, the more everything else around me begins to fall into place. The more I love God, the more I see His beauty everywhere in my life. And the more I love God, the more love I get and the more love I have to give. The more I let go and let God, the more love there is.

Happy Love Thursday Mark, Emmaline, and Davis. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to experience this love with all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......