Skip to main content

Love Thursday

After two weekends away, without kids and just being alone with Mark, Love Thursday has a new, fresh meaning for me this week.

We have been to both Chicago and St. Louis before. St. Louis had involved a trip to see Ben Folds Five in concert the winter after we were married. The second trip to St. Louis was to see The Wiggles, which was a trip in which I was a couple months pregnant with Davis and Emma was three. Our trip to Chicago was for our five year wedding anniversary, a little over four years ago. Going back to both of these places now, almost four or more years later, I am a different person. In too many ways to count. As is Mark.

With the trip to Chicago I was just happy to see Mark again. He had left on the Wednesday prior to my Friday departure. Once there, I realize I would have been glad to stay in the room and watch t.v. with him, just to be near him again. When it came time for me to leave, it made me unbelievably sad to leave Mark all alone in that hotel room. I had missed the kids too and was ready to see them again as well. But I also did not want to leave Mark. I realized then that I like to take care of my family and one can not do that if half of them are in Kansas City and the other half are in Chicago. I wanted my family all together. Mark would not be home until the next Wednesday. I had three days to go once I was back home.

Then we got the opportunity to head to St. Louis. Two nights and three more days together, without kids. Off we went. While we did some really cool things, after thinking about the best part of the trip to St. Louis, it was not any of those things. It was just being with Mark. It was him holding my hand whenever we walked anywhere. Or if it was cold and I had my hands in my coat pocket, it was his arm around me. It was him getting the car and picking me up at the door in the rain. It was us laughing. It was talking about my crazy dreams. It was us lying in the bed in the morning watching whatever movie was on. It was just being. And being with Mark.

We have been together for a little over ten years. Married for a little over nine of those years. We have moved. We have become parents. We have been through hell and back. The best part about our weekend away was realizing that while we are parents, we were first husband and wife. We were first friends and lovers. It is on that, that the rest became possible. It is knowing that Mark has my back. It is knowing that no matter what comes our way, we will weather it, together.

Mark is not only my husband, but my best friend. The father of my children. My rock and my soft spot. He is my light on the darkest of nights.

Happy Love Thursday Mark. I love you. Thank you for choosing me.

Comments

Judy said…
Feeling the Love.

And jealous that you've gotten to see Ben Folds Live.
Abby said…
um Judy....we have seen both Ben Folds Five and Ben Folds about ten times. I would try to name them all but I know I can not. I think maybe only a couple of time just Ben Folds. But MANY times when they were still the Five.

Awesome shows too....
Judy said…
Sad ... so sad.

Love Ben Folds. Love him. My lullabies to my babies are BF songs - Lullaby for Samantha, and The Luckiest for Guthrie (he asks to hear the "I Am" song).

Also like that my name is in a song ... "Give Judy My Notice."
Abby said…
Our daughter is named Emmaline. We got it from the Ben Fold's Five song Emaline. I wanted Emma. My husband suggested Emmaline as something a bit different but we could still call her Emma.

I don't wanna walk away from Emaline....
Amanda. said…
Happy Love Thursday!
Anonymous said…
New to your blog. Got here from a link. Sounds like you live a perfect, love filled life.
Dee said…
Perfect Love Thursday post and a nice reminder for the rest of us to step back and appreciate what we have.
Abby said…
Um, not exactly perfect.....then it would not be life! LOL. Love filled for sure though. Even if not for my husband, my two kids provide that. Nothing like the googey love from a two year old...and of course my relgious beliefs. Nothing like the love of God to get you through the rough times.

Dee,
That was my point. I am just thankful for what I have. Not perfect but grateful all the same.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......