Skip to main content

Love Thursday

The Bible tells about love in I Corinthians Chapter 13: Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. (We read the King James version. Charity is the same as love.)

Here it is in the NIV: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Most of us likely had some version of this at our weddings. It is not easy to put into practice though. Patient, kind. Does not envy nor boast nor is it proud? It is not rude, it is not selfish, it is not quick to anger, and it forgives always. The list goes on. And most importantly, love never fails.

As I watched Emma and Davis today first dancing in Davis's room together and then playing Yahtzee Jr. together, I realized that kids get this. Adults make love much more complicated than it has to be. My kids know what love is. Kids are love.

Love rejoices with truth....
P1010228

Love is patient...
P1010231

Love does not envy nor does it boast nor is it proud....
P1010230

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres....
P1010220

Love never fails.....

Happy Love Thursday....

Comments

Jen said…
Unconditional children know how to live, that's for sure. Unfortunately we seem to lose that ability and overthink everything. Sometimes we need those simple reminders. Happy Love Thursday!
PastormacsAnn said…
Wonderful! Yes, as grown-ups we do tend to complicate love. Happy LT
D said…
Aww, I LOVE this entry! Your children are beautiful. You are so right that adults complicate things. I am trying to remember that scripture now and apply it to daily things. When Hubby leaves his dirty laundry in the bathroom floor, I pick it up and try to forgive! ;)
My little boy has those same Lightning McQueen pj's.
Dawn
Abby said…
Thanks Dawn. It is their saving grace. LOL.

I think as daults we complicate lots of things. Kids just seem to accept it and take it as it is.

Davis LOVES him some Lightning McQueen. He has a blanket and a suitcase too that he got for Christmas. And in a couple of weeks that will be his birthday theme! I am drowning in Lighting McQueen!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......