Skip to main content

Love Thursday

I have forgotten the last few Thursdays to do Love Thursday. Today after reading Amanda's post, I was reminded that it is indeed Thursday. And even though I already posted today (a long, not sure what I was trying to say post), I do have a Love Thursday post as well. You get a two fer today.

Early Saturday morning, January 6, I will put my Emma on a plane. I will not be getting on this plane with her. She will be going to California with her Tia (Mark's sister who is 27, I think) to see Mark's father. I know she will be in very capable hands with Emily. I know Emily will guard her with her life and I know the girls will have a great time together. That is not was saddens me.

It is not the first time my girl and I will be separated for a few days. She will be coming back on Tuesday afternoon. So her absence will only be four days. We have been apart for that long a few times before. It is not that I am not used to that sort of time apart. It is not that I want to be going too. It is what do I do without Emma here?

Davis and I have had very little time alone together. Emma was in preschool and then Pre-K two half days a week when Davis was very small. She was done with that when Davis was only a year and a half old. So I know it will be fun and good for him and I to have that mommy and son time. It will be weird but good.

Emma drives me crazy. She is just like me and we butt heads on a daily basis. She talks non stop and just will not give me a break for anything. It is this exact thing that I know I will begin to miss come Monday morning. I know the house will seem too quiet without her in it. I know that I will miss her view on life and her questions that normally drive me batty. I know that I will miss her sweet face.

I know that the very things that make me crazy about her are the same things that I love so very much about her. I know those are the things that I will begin to miss while she is away.

Love is knowing that the things that drive you crazy about someone are the very things you love the most.

Mommy will miss you Emmaline.

my girl

**To make matters worse, Mark is on his way out of town for a business trip. I will miss his asking me to rub his feet tonight. I will miss the sound of his CPAP machine as I try to fall asleep without him by my side tonight. Two things that normally bother me.....**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......