Skip to main content

Cake Mania

Karrie's post from yesterday inspired me for today's post. I know it is two days in a row that another blogger has prompted me and I apologize for lack of creativity on my part. Sorry, I suck.

Today I will post some pictures of cakes I have made. This year Davis will be getting a Lightning McQueen cake. And yes I will decorate it like it is in the picture. Or attempt too.

Here are some past creations.

Davis' first birthday was a soccer theme. This was a sheet cake for everyone.
P1300097

This was his very own soccer ball cake.
P1300096

Davis' second birthday was a football theme. Complete with helmet "D" sugar cookies.
P1010175

You will have to excuse me, Emma's pictures were taken before we had a digital camera. My scanner is also not working. So these are pictures of pictures. It was the best I could do. Sorry, I suck.

Emma's second birthday was Minnie Mouse.
P1010222

Emma's third birthday was Blue's Clues.
P1010225

Emma's fourth birthday was Nemo.
P1010226

Yes, I made all of those cakes. I am the owner of a few different cake pans. Though, you use the football cake pan for Nemo, so it got used twice. The sheet cake pan and the soccer ball cake are normal pans. I only have Blue and Mickey. Soon, I will add more.

I realize Emma has a few birthdays missing. Her first birthday we did cupcakes only. Her fifth birthday I can not find any pictures of a cake. I also can not remember what it was. Her sixth birthday, I hate to say this, I was depressed. I made her a cake and sugar cookies but did not take any photos. It is not my proudest moment as a mother. I will make up for it this year. She wants Hello Kitty and lucky for me they do not make a cake pan. Looks like I will be trying to carve a Hello Kitty head.

As you can see, much like my obsession with the sugar cookies, the icing addiction started long ago. It takes a lot of those little stars to fill a cake....

Comments

Judy said…
Wow! Those are great. Can I recruit you to help make cakes for the boys? lol I'm thinking of attempting that train cake pan for Guthrie, as he is totally obsessed with trains.

His first birthday I made cakes, and tried these jello-yogurt molds, but I don't know what I did to make them so totally disgusting. Not trying that again.

Have you taken classes, or did you learn it on your own? I have no creativity in anything. I think that's why I want more babies - it's the only thing I can create!
Abby said…
I did it on my own. No classes. You just look at the picture that comes with the cake pan and go.

Funny thing is my dad has this talent as well. When I was little he did a Mickey cake for me (I think it may have even been my second birthday as well??) and a Holly Hobbie cake too. So it must be in my genes.

The more I decorate things, the more I learn and hone my skill so to speak.

And Judy, I am fairly creative, and I want more babies too. (SHHH, don't tell anyone.) So you will have to find a better reason. LOL.
Anonymous said…
WOW! You have mad,cake-y skillz!

I loved Holly Hobbie when I was little. :)
Jessi said…
Oh, these are awesome! I'm so glad you put the time and effort into them, too. My own mother used to make every single one of my birthday cakes and would occasionally do them for other people, too. As my sister grew, she did a few for her, but as life caught up with her, things got busier and she no longer does the special cakes. It's one of those things that I'll always remember from when I was younger....having my own personalized cake that I wasn't allowed to see until it was brought out for me to blow out the candles. I hope the people in your life appreciate what you do, too (and if they don't now, they surely will in the future).
Abby said…
The key, IMO, is that I *like* to make those cakes. Last year was such a crappy year and I was not dealing well with life that the kids had sucky birthdays. Not this year.

Today we are heading out to find Davis' birthday gear. Hopefully we find some good deals and some cool stuff!

Jessi-
Thank you for the sweet and nice comment! It makes me feel good to be able to do it. I *hope* it is creating some warm and fuzzy memories for my kiddos.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......