Skip to main content

Good Morning

This week I have been at my sister's house staying with her kids while her and her husband take one last summer getaway.

Last night my niece went to lay Davis down in his travel crib. It was late and he was tired. She turned on the radio too because it was storming. Lightning, thunder, hard rain, the works. I went up to check on him after about twenty minutes or so. I walked in and he looked up. I walked over to him and he looked and me and said, "Good morning." I laid him back down and walked out of the room.

I went back up a few minutes later and he saw me, not yet asleep. "Good morning." This time I let him come back downstairs with me and hang out for a while.

This morning he woke up. The crib is right by the bed in my sister's room where I have been sleeping. I pick him up and bring him to snuggle in bed with me for a bit.

He puts his little hands on my face. Looks at me and says, "Good morning."

Maybe my boy is trying to tell me something. Every day is a new day. A new day to look forward too. With good in it. Hope. Peace. Love.

Yes indeed son, it is a good morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......