Skip to main content

Junk, Part Two

trunk

We had this big trunk in our living room. It was holding a bunch of toys (re: crap the kids did not want to put up and in a hurry we shoved in said trunk). It was one of those put together jobs from Target. It was wicker like and the bottom was fiber board. My kids beat the hell out of it. Davis liked to climb in it. The bottom was all busted out, the top was colored on and you CAN NOT get the coloring off of wicker, the sides were beat up. It was completely falling apart. True to my inner white trashiness (is that a word?) I had used duck tape all around the inside to try and reinforce the thing. Today was the day. The time had come. That trunk is now sitting outside on my curb.

I had to clean it out first. Then I had to find a place for all the toys inside it that were actually salvageable. Which led me to having to clean out all the toy drawers in Emma's closet. She has five different ones, in three different size and colors. TWO BAGS of trash later, all is done.

My living room looks empty now. I think maybe I will not put another table back in there. Less stuff. Things are so much cleaner now. And I feel like I was actually productive today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......