Skip to main content

Left Handed??

Daivs has been left-handed, well since, he started using his hands. I thought maybe he would out grow it. In the beginning he would use his right hand sometimes. He would try but it was a struggle for him. Over time, he became almost exclusively left handed. No one else in our house is left handed. But his Papa is (my father).

Davis colors left handed.
P1010068

Davis eats left handed.
P1010070

Wondering why my son is left handed, I went searching for info. According to Wikipedia, Davis is left handed because prenatal testosterone contributes to brain organization. One theory is that high levels of prenatal testosterone results in a higher incidence of left-handedness. This could be why there are more left-handed males than females. They also say he could be brain damaged. Which I do not believe. He may be weird, but damaged? Not yet anyway. He is only two. How much damage could I have done already?

However, it is true. My son will be more creative and smarter since he uses his left hand. "A common belief suggests that left-handed people are more intelligent or creative than right-handed people. While there is an unresolved debate within the scientific community on how to operationalize both intelligence and creativity, some studies have demonstrated a small positive correlation between left-handedness and creativity/intelligence." What a relief.....

Whatever. Davis is left handed for some reason. Why, I do not know. What that means, I do not know. What I do know is that I love my crazy, left handed boy. And now he grabs my cheeks and says, "I love you too."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh gosh Abby, that's funny becasue my 5 y/o is definitely left handed (as is her dad), and, at first, I HOPED that she would outgrow it, but never did. Well, now her copycat little sister, who is almost 3, ALWAYS uses her left hand and could since she was about 18-24 months. I am 99% sure it's becasue she watches and copies EVERYTHING her sister does (man, these 2 girls are SO close too. When one gets hurt, the other cries lol.) However, I think my almost 3 y/o is ambidexterous, at least some. She colors mostly with her left hand, but will use either hand to eat (she uses her left hand more often), when we were at the park, she was shoveling sand with both hands equally.

Brain damaged, huh? Yeah, not a chance with mine either. In fact, they both seem above average in many things, especially my youngest.

But, why is it that I was worried about them beign left handed?? Yes, the world is set up for right handed people, but since she will live with it her whole life, she will fdeal with it. Anyways, wanted to let you know that you are so not alone with the left handed thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......