Skip to main content

The Sweetest Thing



It was just a little over seven years ago that I found out I was pregnant with my girl. It took some time (seven months) to get pregnant. We had just moved into our house. We had not been here for more than a few days. I went ahead and bought the pregnancy test. My cycle was all crazy, never any sort of regularity to it. I had a feeling that it was possible that we had finally done it. I took the test and could not believe when two lines showed up. I made Mark look too. I then took I do not know how many more home pregnancy tests. Just to make sure. I even went to the doctor and made them do another one. Sure enough, pregnant.

Nine months I carried her. We did not know what we were having. We put together a nursery. Bought all sorts of baby things. Picked out names. My stomach grew bigger and she started to move. It was the most amazing feeling. We saw the baby on the ultrasound. I started to bleed in about the seventh month. They figured it was just a hemorrhoid (sorry, I know it is gross) but I had to go into Labor and Delivery to be checked anyway. I was so scared. But everything was fine. Then I was never so relieved.

I went into labor early on Saturday morning the 25 of March. I thought it was Braxton Hicks because I was about two weeks early. I did some laundry and watched some t.v. and went back to bed about two or so in the morning. I woke up around sixish feeling an incredible urge to use the restroom. My water broke. And it was like the horror stories you hear about. It ALL came out. I woke up Mark and told him. He asked if I was sure (um, I have never had that much pee before in my life). I said yes, we needed to get the car seat in the car. Take showers, eat something, and call the hospital.

We left for the hospital around nineish. They checked me. Dilated to a one. Yikes. Only a one??!! I sat around in my bed and by eleven or so they wanted to start Pitocin. I was not progressing. A couple hours after that, I asked for something to take the edge off, but was not ready for the epidural. They gave me something but after another couple of hours the contractions due to the Pitocin were too much. They gave me the epi. At this point I was at a four. By about seven, I was still at a four. After some talking, it was decided to go ahead with a c-section. The baby was not engaging at all.

They wheeled me into the OR. More drugs. At a little before 9 p.m., they announced that we had a baby girl. Our Emmaline Gayle was born. At that moment I became a mother. And received the greatest gift possible.

Over the years, Emma has helped me become a mommy. I was never the motherly type but Emma brought out the best in me. She taught me so very much. Time has gone so quickly. Too quickly. I love my girl so much. She gave me the best gift ever. Being her mommy. Thank you Emmaline. You will always be my baby.

(the picture is of Emmaline at two weeks old)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......