Skip to main content

Binky Babies

Both of my kids were given binkies when they were born. I liked being in control, unlike if they decided to suck their thumb. With the binky I could take it away or restrict it's use.

Emmaline loved her binky. Around two, I started to restrict it. She could only have it at nap time, bed time and in the car. And sometimes I would make her sing a little song I made up. "I want my binky back. I want my binky back." Then I would let her have it. Cruel mom huh? Once Emma turned three and was sleeping in a toddler bed and had been potty trained for almost a year, I decided it was time. When she took her afternoon nap that day, I told her to leave her last binky under her pillow for the Binky Fairy. It was time for Emma to be a big girl and let the Binky Fairy take her binky for other little babies. Emma carefully placed her binky under her pillow. While she was sleeping the Binky Fairy came and took the binky, leaving a couple of small gifts and some fairy dust on the floor. That night at bed time Emma did ask for her binky, but I gently reminded her that the Binky Fairy had taken it. That was the last of the binky for Emma.

My Emmaline at just over a year, complete with her pink binky.
P1010099

Davis also got the binky. I figured the boy would be difficult to get the binky from. He started sleeping in a toddler bed at two. He still has not potty trained at two and a half. I set the goal for three with Davis as well. He has had his binky restricted for a while. The beginning of this week Davis got a cold. And I am not sure if this aided in the being done with the binky or not. Monday night he had his binky while watching a movie before bed. It was time to go to bed and I could not find his binky. I put him in bed and he did not say anything so I left. He did not cry. He simply fell asleep. I found his binky and put it in his bed in case he woke up in the night and wanted it. The next morning, it was still in his bed. Tuesday, as we were getting ready to leave, I asked Davis to get his binky and he did. He then proceeded to look at me and say, "No thanks. Here you go mom," and threw it at me. I put it in his bag and we left. No binky again that night for bed. Wednesday comes and not one time is binky mentioned. Bed time and Davis goes down once again no crying or fussing and no binky. Davis has been binky free all week. He still has a cold and I am not sure if that prompted it. But I have not offered again since I got it thrown at me the last time. I think my boy has decided it is time to be done with the binky. He still is not potty trained but we will work on that next. I am simply amazed that he gave up his binky so easily.


My Davis at just around a year, complete with his red binky.
binkyboy

My beautiful binky babies. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday each of you were born and I was meeting you for the first time. Now you are almost seven and almost three. Where did those years go? I have loved getting every day with you. My Princess and my Boggie. Always.

Comments

karrie said…
So cute!

I took away my son's binky one night on a whim in the spring and he was fine with it. Then a few nights later, my husband put him to bed with one and he has been a Binky Addict ever since.
Abby said…
Both my kids were pretty addicted. Davis has asked a couple of times at bedtime since he threw it at me. I pretend like I can not hear him. LOL. So far, he has been Binky Free for a week. Maybe I should get him a shirt.....
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......