Skip to main content

Love Thursday

Sometimes life slaps you in the face. Assuming you are one who does not enjoy being slapped in the face, it stings. More often than not, it also catches you off guard.

In life there are moments that take your breath away, both good and bad. Such as the first time you held your newborn baby. Or the first time someone broke your heart. Both of those moments can take your breath right out of you but in very different ways. Both of those moments can change your life forever and also change your view and definition of love.

As we gather these breath taking moments in our lives, we change and grow. As we change and grow, our view becomes very different than it was in our teen years. We learn that life and love are not what the movies make them out to be. We learn that losing someone breaks our hearts and that putting that back together is not as easy as it looks.

Sometimes love means having to do and say things you would rather not do or say. Sometimes love means having to put yourself last. Sometimes love means giving up on a dream or simply letting something go.

Sometimes we just need to stop and love.

Comments

Annie said…
Oh this is sooo needed today. I love you Abby and I am glad we are friends!!
bonggamom said…
Awww, what a nice photo!
PastormacsAnn said…
Oh wonderful! I love how you've put it. I adore your header.
alimum said…
"Assuming you are one who does not enjoy being slapped in the face, it stings"

That made me laugh.

"Sometimes love means giving up on a dream or simply letting something go."

That made me cry.
Abby said…
Why did it make you cry? Sometimes in life you have to let go. Or sometimes you have to put a dream off. Sometimes you realize that your dreams are bigger than you are....

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......