Skip to main content

My Valentine

I will preface this by saying that Mark is a much more private person than I am. Big shock.

It was ten years ago today that Mark asked me to be his wife. We were young, I was 20 and he was 19, and we were in love. You know what I am talking about? The "I can't stand to be away from you because it hurts too much" kind of in love.

Three months later we got married. Fast yes. To this day though, I will tell anyone that it felt right. I was not nervous or scared. It just seemed like the most natural thing to do.

That was ten years, two kids, and two dogs ago. We have weathered many storms. Ones that threatened to take it all down. It has not been easy. At times it has felt like it would not make it. We somehow muddled our way through life and here we are today. I would not change a thing.

Today Mark sent me this verse:

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.


How appropriate for today, he said. I agree. Thanks Mark for being the one to catch me when I fall. To lift me back up. I know this stuff makes you nutty since it is private and all. After all we have been through, it is important that I say it everywhere and anywhere.

I love you. Thank you again for choosing me.

Comments

Judy said…
Aw, Abby, so sweet.

Eric and I had only been dating less than 4 months when we got married, and had only known each other about 6 months. He proposed (without the ring, so unofficially) after we'd been dating about 3 weeks! Sometimes I think it's better that way.

I really hate all the cheese that goes with V-day, but can'thelp but give in to it!
Abby said…
So either we are both smarter than the average bear or both totally crazy!?!?! I vote for smarter!

Mark claims to have known he was going to marry me before our first date took place. Talk about cheese....
Judy said…
Eric says the same thing. The first time we saw each other outside of campus was in a bar, though, and I was rather tipsy. (Okay, I was borderline wasted.) I walked up to him, all nervous, to say hi, and somehow we put our arms around each other like we'd known each other forever. He said, for him, that was it - he was done. Knew it then.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......