Skip to main content

Sometimes You Still Ask Why

Even as a Bible believing Christian. Even as someone who whole heatedly and 100% believes in God. Even as someone who knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control. Even as someone who knows that God has a plan. Even as someone who knows God gives us more comfort than anything or anyone else. Even as that person, I sometimes ask why.

I know that the Bible tells us there is a reason for everything. We find that in Ecclesiastes 3:1 ~ To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

I know that the Bible tells us that we can not lean on our our understanding for things. This is even my life verse. We find that in Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I know that the Bible tells us we will have trails and tribulations. We find in 1 Peter 3:17 ~ For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

I know that the Bible tells us that God will comfort us at all times. We find this in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 ~ Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

I know these things are true. I know they are true because they are in the Bible and I believe that the Bible is the true word of God. My head gets all of this. I know that my heart can be taught them as well.

What about when you have traveled down a road before? When you have already faced that trial or that tribulation? Why must we endure it again? What does God want me to learn this time? Wasn't going through it once or twice or even three times before enough?

I think those things fall into the category of things we will never know nor understand. I guess all we can do is look to Romans 8:28 ~ And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Comments

D said…
I don't know what you might be going through right now, but I will surely say a prayer for you.

I know that over these past few weeks you have been here for me in a way that I truly value, yet do not quite understand. Perhaps your current trials (be them repeats or not)are for others to learn from this time around.

I will be thinking of you,
Dawn
Abby said…
Wow Dawn. Thanks.

Your comment brought tears to my eyes and a warmth to my heart. Why? Because whatever my suffering may be, it is a blessing to know that it is helping others. Just as the verse says, may we be able to comfort others in the way we were comforted by God. And maybe, just maybe, that is what my trials are about.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......