Skip to main content

I Get So Emotional

Do you ever have days where you just feel like crying? For no real reason. Or maybe there are so many things that you finally decide to just cry and get it out?

I think sometimes in life we go along and refuse to let ourselves feel anything. I know I have had trouble controlling my emotions. Anywhere from crying to depression to anger. It is hard to get a handle on them. I have spent a lot of time in prayer to God over this very issue. I think in all of that, in the fight to keep everything at bay, I forgot one part. Emotions are a good thing. God gave them to us for a reason. We just need to learn to control them.

I think in my battle to control my emotions, I took it to the other side almost. I decided it would be best to not feel anything. Maybe I needed to do that in order to feel in a more healthy way. I am not sure.

Today it seems a lot of things hit all at once and a part of me wants to curl up in bed, pull the covers over my head, and cry all day. Not for any one reason. For a whole host of reasons.

Instead, I think I will take a bath, let some tears fall and feel for a bit, then have some coffee and read in the Bible. After that, if I have not gotten the weepies to go away, I will curl up on the couch for a bit with both of my kids. Nothing can cure a case of the weepies like those two can.

Maybe this is why God gave us emotions. If we can cry and feel sad, then we can also smile and feel happiness and love. I will take the tears any day as long as I know, I can get the love when they are wiped away.

Comments

D said…
Oh man, I've been weepy all week. I just don't have time to sit and cry it out. I know how you feel though. Nothing feels better than cuddling with the little ones. Hope you are feeling better soon.
D

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......