Skip to main content

Love Thursday

Today is Love Thursday and I am not feeling the love. Maybe it is because the weather is cold and yucky here. (The sun? What's that??) Maybe it is because Emma has been a little under the weather. Maybe it is because it is tax season and Mark is once again putting in an insane amount of hours. Whatever the reason, not feeling it.

However, though I am not feeling the love in any profound way, my kids can not keep one from feeling loved. Even in her not feeling so hot state, my baby girl is loving me. (Yes, I am aware that she is almost seven. She is still my baby girl.)

Yesterday, she finally told me that her head and throat were hurting a bit. I told her that she was supposed to tell me if anything was bothering her so we could keep an eye on it. Her response?

"I know. But I did not want you to worry about me mom."

I almost cried.

We try to protect the ones we love, don't we? Of course in return, we worry about those that we love. So while I may not have anything earth shattering to share today; any deep thoughts or something to meditate on, I am getting the love. My love lesson for the week?

Sometimes love means worrying when there is nothing to worry about and keeping quiet even when we are in pain to protect those we love.

Comments

bonggamom said…
Your baby girl is such a trooper. It's amazing how sensitive children can be to grownups' moods. Hope she feels better.
PastormacsAnn said…
What a sweetheart she is. Hope she feels better soon and that you're feeling the love again soon.

Happy LT

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......