Skip to main content

Cookie Lady

I love to bake. It began in high school. I can cook but I do not enjoy it like I do baking.

I discovered a little over a year ago that Mark loved the sugar cookies you buy at the store. The ones that are super think and have just as much icing as there is cookie? Those ones. The funny part was Mark usually does not like sweet things. And these are not only sweet but store bought?

Around Halloween of last year I decided to take on trying to make sugar cookies. I also love to ice things. With those pastry bags and the star tips and you make little stars all over the cake? Yea, I am sick. So icing the cookies was not my concern. It was rolling the dough, cutting them and baking them just right.

My first attempt was not bad. I continued to hone my skill, so to say. And before long, I had family asking me to bring my cookies to almost any event. Mark had people at work asking for them. It was fun, sort of.

Every year we do a girl's Christmas Party. At this party we do a cookie exchange. Last year I did the sugar cookies. This year we said we should all do something different but one of the girls asked if I could still bring some sugar cookies. While at the party, my bestest friend Denise asked if I might be able to make some for her to take to her work as part of gifts. I said sure. Last night I embarked on my cookie extravaganza. I am not sure, but I think these may be my best yet.

Snowmen
cookies

Christmas Trees
P1010018

I even boxed them with food safe tissue paper in cardboard boxes for easiest transfer. Here are stockings, candy canes, and some trees.
P1010017

Maybe one day you will see me on Food Network talking about my cookies.....

Comments

Dee said…
Those look delicious! Can you send some my way?

I actually love those store bought sugar cookies too, but I could do with about half the amount of icing that they put on them.
Abby said…
My icing is not so thick. And it is the kind that gets crunchy when it dries.

I have also made them just outlines or with decoration so as it cut down the amount of icing.

I really have fun doing it and coming up with fun ways to package them as well. The only thing I can not seem to do is get them to stay on a stick.....
Anonymous said…
Wow your cookies look delicious! My aunt made the same types of cutouts - same sort of icing too.

My girlfriend cooks/bakes up a storm. She rolled out a ton of cutouts this year...great news for my tastebuds, badnews for my waistline :)

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......